The Innovator Seed Fund (ISF) is a key element of the Higher Education Development in Pakistan Project (HEDP) supported by the World Bank and implemented by the Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan. HEC is searching for mentors for ISF programme. If you like to improve your managerial and leadership skills through collaborative learning, while getting to know cutting-edge projects on deep-tech and sustainability, you should join our programme now.
ISF offers mentors the opportunity to engage with startups and help shape the startup ecosystem of Pakistan. If your profile fulfils our requirements, you will enter our “pool of experts” – a shortlist of the selected mentors – from which startups can pick the mentor or expert of their choice to accompany them along our ISF programme or consult them in tasks necessary for the implementation of their project’s sustainability.
Mentors For ISF 2022 Key Tasks and Responsibilities
ISF carries out a challenge-based selection process to identify the best startups among a pool of applicants. Our mentors then join the mentoring board and engage with the selected initiatives in both virtual and physical mentoring activities that address topics such as IPR, product and services design, business models, and financing among others. Mentors who join the programme will be matched with the most promising startups and they will become part of a network of entrepreneurs, investors, and corporates. Only mentors registered in the Pool can be part of the mentorship support towards the startups selected/awarded ISF.
- Work with the founders to identify and reflect on specific goals and actions needed to successfully run a business
- Meet regularly with the founders to discuss progress
- Help identify and connect with resources, networks and support required for the start-up as appropriate
- Provide encouragement to sustain momentum and motivation
- Attend ISF accelerator sessions and events throughout the programme
- Provide feedback to ISF regarding startup milestones and progress
Desired Attributes in Mentors:
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of ISF Startup Leaders and to help them help themselves
- Adept at relating to and empathizing with entrepreneurs and their aspirations
- Capable of developing the skills of entrepreneurs to make strategic business decisions
- Ability to maintain appropriate boundaries while providing valuable guidance during business startup activities
- Skilled at providing both positive and constructive feedback, and challenging assumptions
- Accessible, reliable, and able to meet commitments
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Excited about startups, technology, and entrepreneurship in Pakistan
Eligibility For Mentors of ISF:
Mentor must demonstrate experience in supporting startups
- Be willing to commit their time through the incubation life-cycle of ISF
- Prior experience in setting up and scaling up business (Though not mandatory, it will be a plus point).
How to Apply:
Interested Mentors who fulfil the eligibility criteria should send their Profiles, a letter of motivation (500 words max) and any other supporting documents in a single PDF format file and email to: email@example.com or register at: ric.hec.gov.pk
|HEC Website||Apply Online|
|Latest Employees News||Home Page|