Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Elementary and Secondary Education Department has issued the official Notification letter on 20th January, 2020 in connection with minutes of the meeting regarding SOP for school transport 2020 KPK, BAN on CNG Kits in School vehicles etc, Peshawar high court, Peshawar order dated 28-11-2019.
I am directed to refer to the subject noted above and to state that the following SOPs may be circulated amongst lower formation for strict compliance.
- All Government School will strictly observe Bus Safety rules.
- All School vehicles should have road safety certificate issued by the concerned Motor Vehicle Examiner (MVE).
- Every child in school transport will have a separate seat and there will be no overloading.
- School bags lying on top of schools vehicles should be covered.
- No School Vehicles should use CNG as fuel or carry CNG cylinders.
- All school vehicles should be equipped with a usable fire extinguisher.
- All School transports should be equipped with an emergency gate.
- Those parents arranging their own school transport shall abide by all the above safety measures.