The Government of Pakistan, Finance Division has issued the latest notification on 1st July 2022 in connection with revision of basic pay scale chart 2022 of civil servants federal government.
The President has been pleased to sanction the revision of Basic Pay Scales & Allowances with effect from 1st July, 2022 for the civil employees of the Federal Government, paid out of civil estimates and from the Defence estimates as detailed in the following paragraphs:
Revised Basic Pay Scales 2022-23 Pakistan
The Basic Pay Scales-2022 shall replace the Basic Pay Scales-2017 with effect from 01-07-2022 as contained in the Annexure-1 to this Office Memorandum.
Fixation of Pay of the Existing Employees:
- The basic pay of an employee in service on 30-06-2022 shall be fixed in the Basic Pay Scales-2022 on point to point basis i.e. at the stage corresponding to that occupied by him/her above the minimum of Basic Pay Scales-2017;
- In case of Personal Pay being drawn by an employee as part of his/her basic pay beyond the maximum of his/her pay scale on 30-06-2022, he/she shall continue to draw such pay in the Basic Pay Scales-2022 at the revised rates.
Fixation of Pay on promotion:
In cases of promotion from a lower to higher posts/scale before introduction of these scales, the pay of the employees concerned in the revised pay scale may be fixed and so enhanced that it would not be less than the pay that would have been admissible to him if his promotion to the higher post/scale had taken place after the introduction of these scales.
Annual increment shall continue to be admissible, subject to the existing conditions, on 1st December each year.
Upon introduction of BPS-2022 the following Ad-hoc Relief Allowances granted w.e.f. 01-07-2016, 01-07-2017, 01-07-2018, 01-07-2019 and 01-07-2021 shall cease to exist with effect from 01-07-2022:
|S.No||Name of Ad-hoc Relief Allowance||Office Memorandum and Date
|i||Adhoc Relief Allowance-2016 (01-07-2016)||Para-8 of F.1(2)Imp/ 2016-333, dated 01-07-2016||10% of the basic pay on BPS-2016|
|ii||Ad-hoc Relief Allowance-2017 (01-07-2017)||Para-8 of F.1(3)Imp/2017-500, dated 03-07-2017||10% of the basic pay on BPS-2017|
|iii||Ad-hoc Relief Allowance-2018 (01-07-2018)||F.1(2)Imp/2018-370 dated 02-07-2018||0% of the basic pay on BPS-2017|
|iv||Ad-hoc Relief Allowance-2019 (01-07-2019)||F.1(2)Imp/2019-700 dated 05-07-2019
||10% of the basic pay on BPS-2017 (BPS 1-16) and 5% of the basic pay on BPS 2017 (BPS 17-20).|
|v||Ad-hoc Relief Allowance-2021 (01-07-2021)||F.1(1)Imp/2021-216 dated 08-07-2021||10% of the basic pay on BPS-2017|
Adhoc Relief Allowance-2022
- An Ad-hoc Relief Allowance-2022 @ 15% of the running basic pay of BPS-2017 shall be allowed to the civil employees of the Federal Government as well as civilians paid out of Defence estimates including contingent paid staff and contract employees employed against civil posts in Basic Pay Scales on standard terms and conditions of contract appointment with effect from 01-07-2022 and shall stand frozen at the same level till further orders;
- All the new entrants shall be allowed Ad-hoc Relief Allowance-2022 @ 15% of the Minimum of the relevant basic pay of BPS-2017 on notional basis with effect from 01-07-2022 till further orders and shall stand frozen at the same level;
- The Ad-hoc Relief Allowance will be subject to Income Tax;
- The Ad-hoc Relief Allowance will be admissible during leave and entire period of L.P.R. except during extra ordinary leave;
- The Adhoc Relief Allowance will not be treated as part of emoluments for the purpose of calculation of Pension/Gratuity and recovery of House Rent;
- The Adhoc Relief Allowance will not be admissible to the employees during the tenure of their posting/deputation abroad;
- The Adhoc Relief Allowance will be admissible to the employees on their repatriation from posting/deputation abroad at the rate and amount which would have been admissible to them, had they not been posted abroad;
- The Ad-hoc Relief Allowance will be admissible during the period of suspension;
- The term “Basic Pay” will also include the amount of Personal Pay granted on account of annual increment(s) beyond the maximum of the existing pay scales.
Special Pay and Allowances:
All the Special Pays, Special Allowances or the Allowances admissible as percentage of pay (excluding those which are capped by fixing maximum limit) including House Rent Allowance and the Allowance/Special Allowance equal to one month basic pay, granted to Federal Government employees irrespective of his/her posting in Ministry/Division/Department/Office etc. including civil employees in BPS 1-22 of Judiciary shall stand frozen at the level of its admissibility as on 30-06-2022.
- The Ministry/Division/Department/Office to which an employee belongs and/or on whose pay roll he/she is borne shall obtain an option in writing from such employees within 30 days commencing from the date of issue of this Office Memorandum and communicate it to the concerned Accounts Office/DDO, as the case may be, either to continue to draw salary in the Scheme of Basic Pay Scales-2017 or in the Scheme of Basic Pay Scales-2022 as specified in this Office Memorandum. Option once exercised shall be considered final;
- An existing employee, as aforesaid, who does not exercise and communicate his/her option within the specified time limit, shall be deemed to have opted for the Scheme of Basic Pay Scales-2022.
All the existing rules/orders on the subject shall be considered to have been modified to the extent indicated above. All the existing rules/orders, not so modified, shall continue to be in force under this scheme.
Basic Pay Scales of the Civil Servants
|Basic Pay Scales-2017||Stages||Basic Pay Scales-2022|
An Anomaly Committee shall be set up in the Finance Division (Regulations Wing) to resolve the anomalies, if any, arising out in the implementation of the Basic Pay Scales-2022.
|Finance Website||Check Online|
|Latest Employees News||Home Page|