Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS) has announced the latest Jobs on 18 October, 2019 in the matter of challenging opportunity as Chief Statistician.
Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS) is the prime official agency responsible for collection, compilation and dissemination of reliable and timely statistical information , which is essentially required for the policy makers, planners and researchers. The main function of PBS is to conduct various Censuses and Surveys which also includes National Accounts and various reports/publications on economic and social aspects of the country based on primary and secondary data. The Ministry is looking for a qualified, vibrant, energetic and experienced individual tonne following position in PBS, who shall also be the Chief Executive Officer.
Masters or an advanced University Degree preferably PhD in a relevant subject, such as Statistics and Economics from a University, or preferably from a leading International University recognized by Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan.
Be a professional with demonstrated technical knowledge of statistics, various national and international economic issues and management skills having minimum 20 years experience, with at least five years in senior management position within an organization of significant size and importance.
• Knowledge and experience in the field of human resource development management, recruitment and best practices in the Government Organizations.
• Experience of preparing Annual Work Plans relating to generation and/or management of national level statistics, Development and Non-Development Plan, Budget Formulation and having dealt with Audit related issues.
• A sound understanding of Government Management Systems, various national and international social & economic issues.
• Knowledge and experience of analyzing the computer based data/statistics, information and use of advanced computer software for quick response.
Management Position-I (MP-I) Scale.
Maximum of 62 years.
HOW TO APPLY
• Term of appointment is five (05) years and shall be eligible for re-appointment for such term or terms subject to satisfactory performance. The individual will cease to hold the post on completion of term or attaining the age of sixty five (65) years whichever is earlier.
• Those already in Government Services should apply through proper channel. In case of selection for the post, the candidate will have to resign or seek retirement before joining.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
• Application alongwith CV and testimonials, details of additional qualification, if any and experience may be sent by post to the undersigned on the Prescribed Format (Application Form) available at www.pbs.gov.pk within 15 days from the date of first publication of this advertisement.
Deadline for the submission of Application will be 03 November, 2019