Government of Sindh, Home Department has issued the official Notification letter on 22nd March, 2020 in connection with complete ban on movement of people and social gathering.
No: SO(Jud-I)HD/8-1(04)/2020-Corona: Whereas there has been an increase in the number of CoronaVirus cases (COVID-19) in Sindh and that this increase, as has been seen worldwide, is expected to rise exponentially if adequate preventive measures are not taken mainly being the prevention of social contact and gatherings in any form and that further steps are required to step up the restrictions and closures for the purpose of breaking the chain of spread of the virus.
Now, therefore, in exercise of powers under Section 3(1) of the Sindh Epidemic Diseases Act 2014 (The Sindh Aet VIII of 2015) and in continuation of earlier orders of even number dated 14 March, 2020 and 17 March, 2020, the Government of Sindh is satisfied that it has become extremely urgent and important to prevent mixing/gathering/meeting of people by taking extreme measures in order to contain the spread of COVID.19 and therefore imposes ban on the movement and the gathering of people in order to prevent spread of virus from social contacts for a period of 15 days w.e.from 23.03.2020 starting at 12:00 on the same date.
There shall be a complete ban on movement of people including Intercity or Inter-Provincial Travel or gatherings of any kind for social, religious, or any other purpose at any place, public or private, including all offices, public or private situated within the territorial limits of province of Sindh except the following:
1) Personnel related to Health Services like Hospitals, Laboratories and Medical stores.
2) Personnel related to Law Enforcing Agencies enforcing / implementing this order.
3) Personnel related to Essential Services Offices going to perform their duties or providing essential services as declared in later part of this order.
4) Person in need of medical care with an attendant where necessary
5) Person going to buy grocery and medicines.
6). Necessary / unavoidable religious rites like the last rites, Namaz-e-Janaza, Burial ad related events provided that all precautions against spread of disease are taken and a safe distance of 01 metre (3 feet) is maintained between people gathered in small numbers / close family members after prior intimation to SHO of the area. Assistant Commissioner and SDPO of the area will supervise and as and when necessary provide added force/manpower for compliance.
7). Any exemption that may be deemed necessary by the Government
Following conditions will apply to the persons given exemption:
a) To travel in single number in vehicle but may carry one more as attendant in case there is some medical emergency.
b) One person per family may go out to buy essential medicines, grocery, etc. with a driver only in the case of elderly or handicapped.
c) Person on vehicles carrying essential food items, such as products from mil/factory, medicines, medical equipment with only helper / cleaner allowed on vehicle with no passenger allowed on such vehicle
d) Persons so travelling/ coming out as exempted are to carry valid ID Card / CNIC and official card or such authority letter duly signed and stamped by the Head. They are further required to travel & gather at work keeping in view social distance (1 metre / 3 feets) & taking safety precautions against the spread.
- Health & related services Like hospitals, medical stores, laboratories, manufacturers
- Food and related industry / manufacturers
- Grocery Stores, General and Convenience Stores.
- Fish, meat, vegetable / fruit vendors and dairy shops.
- Essential Municipal Services
- Electricity & SSGC
- Water Supply (including supply by water tankers where essential) & Sewerage
- Port operations, PNSC & Custom Services
- PTA,PTCL, NTC Service Staff
- Cellular companies Service staff for repair maintenance of towers/cables
- Banks (with limited staff for services)
- Petrol Pumps
- Welfare Organizations Chippa, Edhi, Seylani & JDC providing essential services.
- Media Persons authorized by Information department, newspaper hawkers
- Any other class as may be deemed essential and so declared by the Government
The Government of Sindh in exercise powers under section 3(1) read with 3(3) of the said Act further empowers Commissioners and Deputy Commissioners of the respective Districts and Division in to the province of Sindh issue any further orders, directions or notices in coordination with respective DIGs and SSPs for the implementation of this order in letter and spirit.
Any person disobeying any direction or order issued under this Order or any person facilitating, in any manner, the defiance of this order issued under the Sindh Epidemic Diseases Act shall be deemed to have committed an offence punishable under section 188 of the Pakistan Penal code as provided under Section 4 of the said Act.
Deputy Commissioners and Assistant Commissioners as well as personnel of Law Enforcing Agencies above the rank of Inspector or equivalent are empowered under Section 3(I) of the said Act to take any legal action on any contravention of this order or the directions/orders/notices issued there under including action under Section 188 of Pakistan Penal Code.