Office of the Chief Executive Officer (DEA) Mandi Bahauddin has issued the official Notification letter on 12th December, 2019 in connection with cooperation during Polio Campaign 16 to 20 December 2019.
It is to inform you that National Immunization Days for Polio Campaign are scheduled on 16th to 20th December, 2019.
Read More: Eradication of Polio Virus in Punjab Schools
During and before these dates teams shall visit your school to register and vaccinate all the children from 0- 59 months of age. Teams shall also administer oral vitamin A capsules to all children between ages of 6 months to 59 months to boost their immunity.
As you know that Pakistan and Afghanistan are only two countries in the world where circulation of Polio virus has never been stopped. Currently there are 94 confirmed cases of Polio in year 2019.
It is, therefore, extremely critical that we ensure vaccination of all children in the upcoming campaign to stop circulation of virus.
You are requested to facilitate in this national cause by:
- Displaying the dates of Polio Campaign with age at all visible places at your school including entrance
- Advise teachers (0 give information in morning assembly on daily basis to vaccinate all children under five years with two drops of polio
- Write 00 children’s diaries/notebooks to inform parents about dates of Polio campaign
- Welcome and facilitate polio teams and ensure good attendance at the time of the visit
- Make sure that any child with II staff member or visitor shall also be vaccinated if present during team visit.
I hope that you shall fully cooperate and join hands to eradicate Polio, once and for all. This message is endorsed by worthy DC MBDin and must be implemented in letter and spirit.