Ministry of Planning , Development and Special Initiatives, Islamabad has issued the official notification on 14th September 2021 in connection with CPEC Jobs Online Apply cpecauthority.gov.pk. China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) Authority is responsible for planning, facilitating, coordinating, enforcing, monitoring, and evaluating the smooth implementation of all activities related to the China Pakistan Economic Corridor, in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding between the Government of Pakistan and China.
Latest CPEC Jobs 2021 in Pakistan
The Ministry is looking for a qualified, vibrant, energetic and experienced individual for the following position in CPEC Authority:
MEMBER (FOOD, WATER & CLIMATE) (MP-I SCALE)
QUALIFICATION AND ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: Qualifications have an advance degree with minimum sixteen years education, preferably Ph.D. in Agriculture, Agriculture Economics, Agriculture Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Civil Engineering with specialization in Water Management or any other relevant field from a reputed National or International University or Institute recognized by the Higher Education Commission;
Experience – Having minimum fifteen years distinguished professional career at national or international level including five to ten years of managerial experience of policy making in a relevant field in public or private sector or multi-national organizations. Home A sound understanding of Government Management systems would be an advantage.
Terms of Reference: The Member (Food, Water & Climate) shall be required to perform, inter alia, the following functions:
- Oversee the agriculture, climate and water related projects portfolio under CPEC
- Monitor the implementation of agriculture, climate and water projects under CPEC and submit periodic reports to Chairperson CPEC Authority
- Oversee CPEC Authority’s liaison with all Federal & Provincial Stakeholders in the area of Food, Agriculture, Climate and Water Management
- Identify potential projects in the areas of food security, agriculture, water and climate change for inclusion in CPEC portfolio and identify potential investors in China and reach out to them for bringing investment
- Liaise with and provide inputs to Ministries of Food Security, Climate Change and Water Resources as well as other government entities on matters related to CPEC projects in these sectors
- Establish and maintain linkages with Chinese counterparts in the areas of food security, agriculture, water and climate change
- Any other assignment given from time to time by the Chairperson
Complete job descriptions/functions are available at www.cpecauthority.gov.pk
Salary – Management Position-I (MP-I) Scale.
Age – max. 62 years.
Term of appointment is four (04) years and shall be eligible for re-appointment for one similar term, subject to satisfactory performance. The individual will cease to hold the post on completion of term of appointment or attaining the age of sixty-five (65) years whichever is earlier.
- Those already in Government Services should apply through proper channel. In case of selection for the post, the candidate will have to resign or seek retirement before joining, as per the Federal Government policy in vogue. Selected individual will be responsible for supervising the work of Wings under his/ her command and to assist the Chairperson in dispensation of the assignments in the relevant fields.
- Application along with CV and testimonials, details of additional qualification, if any, and experience may be sent by post to the Deputy Secretary (Org./Lit.), Ministry of Planning, Development & Special Initiatives, Islamabad on the prescribed format available at www.cpecauthority.gov.pk within 15 days from the date of publication of this advertisement.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
- No TA/DA will be admissible. of This Ministry reserves the rights not to fill the post or withhold appointment against the advertised post.
Khalid Javaid Deputy Secretary (Org. / Lit.) Ministry of Planning, Development and Special Initiatives Room #607, P-Block, Pak Secretariat, Islamabad Tel: +92(51) 9207693