Deduction of House Rent Allowance If Both are Government Servants

Government of the Punjab, Finance Department has issued the official Notification letter on 19th April 2013 in connection with deduction of house rent allowance of only one spouse if Government accommodation is allotted and both are Government servants.

I am directed to refer to this Department’s circular letters bearing No. FD.SR.I.9-8/80 dated 09-10-1991 & 23-01-1992 on the subject noted above and to state that in compliance with the directions of Federal Shariat Court in judgement dated 12-12-2012 passed in Shariat Petitions No.8/I 2004, 6/1, 8/1 & 12/1 of 1994.

Competent authority has decided to allow House Rent Allowance w.e.f. 01.07.2013 to one spouse who has not been allotted Government accommodation if both, being Government servants, are living together in Government accommodation at the same station, subject to the decision of Supreme Court of Pakistan, In case appeal is field by Federal Government or Provincial Governments.

Deduction of House Rent allowance If Both are Government Servants

  2 comments for “Deduction of House Rent Allowance If Both are Government Servants

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.