The Program Monitoring & Implementation Unit Punjab Education Sector Reform Programme, School Education Department has issued the latest notification on 20th June 2022 in connection with Distribution of Free Textbooks For Schools 2022-23.
Punjab Govt Distribute Free Books For Students 2022-23
PMIU-PESRP has completed 90% delivery of free textbooks (except Class VIVIII) for the academic session 2022-23 at tehsil warehouses across the Punjab till date. Remaining books will be delivered at respective tehsil warehouses very soon. School Education Department has already issued directions to all CEOs (DEA) in the Punjab to manage distribution of books to students during summer vacations.
Following instructions are hereby issued only for distribution of free textbooks to public sector schools and students within your respective district:
- Free textbooks should be issued to schools in accordance with the enrollment of the school.
- Documentation during issuance of free textbooks to schools from tehsil warehouse must be ensured, Similarly, Heads of all institutions must be directed to ensure documentation of free textbooks during issuance to students.
- Record of issuance of books from tehsil warehouses, and schools must be maintained properly for audit purpose.
- CEOs(DEAs) are directed to issue free textbooks for schools under Punjab Education Foundation (PEF) and PEIMA-PSSP with the permission of PEF & PEIMA-PSSP.
- CEOs(DEA) and the focal person of free textbooks must ensure that there is no pilferage of FTBs from tehsil warehouses and schools within their jurisdiction.
- CEOs (DEAS) should ensure the distribution of free textbooks to 100% schools and students within their district in accordance with SOPs.
- The activity of distribution of textbooks to schools should be completed before the start of the new academic session 2022-23.
All codal formalities must be followed during distribution of free textbooks to publics schools and students.
|Official Website||Check Online|
|Latest Employees News||Home Page|