Program Monitoring & Implementation Unit, Punjab Education Sector Reform Program, Government of the Punjab has issued the official Notification letter in connection with establishment of complaint cell at the office of the District Monitoring officers (DMO) for Zaver-Taleem Program.As we know that Supreme Court of Pakistan has already issued their order to constitute the complaint cell to deal with complaints arising out of increase in fee.
The revamped Girls stipend or Zaver-e-Taleem program has now entered in third year of its implementation. Data for girl students from grade 6 to 10 was collected manually from districts and digitized centrally at PMIU-PESRP. During the implementation, it was highlighted that data sent by the schools was not only incomplete but also erroneous e.g. wrong CNIC number and multiple father name etc. Besides, there were problems at the time of data entry as well as in issuance of Khidmat Cards, agent’s behavior and school’s participation.
Since, correct credentials of girl students are mandatory for Khidmat Card issuance hence students with incorrect particulars can’t be registered. Non registration of the students and ultimately non-payment of stipend has resulted in grievance of the public who made their ways towards the Office of the Ombudsman Punjab and high court for the redressal of their grievances. There is also a heavy load of complaints regarding ZTP at hotline grievance redressal system.
In this background, PD-PMIU has directed to establish a complaint redressal mechanism for girls stipend whereby District Monitoring Officer has been designated as the focal person in districts for receiving complaints and initiating the corrective action. In this regard following procedure shall be adopted by the District Monitoring officer.
• DMO office has been designated as Complaint Redressal Cell for Zaver-e-Taleem Program.
• DMO has been designated as focal person of Complaint Redressal Cell.
• Complaint lodging proforma has been devised by PMIU-PESRP (copy enclosed).
• DMO will communicate to all concerned schools regarding establishment of Complaint Redressal Cell at his office and complaint lodging proforma through AEOs and MEAs.
• The Parents will submit the filled Performa at the DMO office.
• DMO office will maintain a special register to record all of the complaints received in his/her office. DMO office will also assign a number to each received complaint.
• DMO will take the initial corrective action, if any.