The Federal Government employee’s upgradation notification 2023 is finally approved by the Prime Minister of Pakistan. All the Government civil servants from BPS-01 to BPS-16 will be eligible for Upgradation of scale and Post title. The Upgradation will be applicable to all Technical and Non-Technical employees of Pakistan. The summary of employees’ Upgradation has been forwarded to the Prime Minister of Pakistan for approval. According to the media sources, PM Shahbaz Sharif has approved the summary, and the upgradation notification will be issued very soon.
The Upgradation will be made the same as Upgradation implemented in KPK. Congratulation to all those federal employees who will avail of the Upgradation of one-scale or two-scale.
Upgradation Latest News Update on 14th February 2023: The final upgradation and time-scale notification has been issued on 14th February 2023 regarding special dispensation for the civil servants in the Federal government for the employees BPS-01 to BPS-16.
Upgradation of Federal Employees BPS-01 To BPS-16 Notification 2023
The undersigned is directed to convey that the Prime Minister has been pleased to accord approval to the grant of special dispensation for the Civil Servants (BPS-1 to BPS-15) in the Federal Government as per following pattern:-
- The incumbents in BPS-01 to BPS-05will be granted two higher pay scales as one time dispensation, if they have not availed time scale under Time Scale policy-2022. However, their substantive pay scales will remain un- changed.
- The incumbents in BPS-01 to BPS-05 will be granted one higher pay scale as one time dispensation, if they have availed time scale under Time Scale Policy-2022. However, their substantive pay scales will remain un-changed.
- The incumbents in BPS-06 to BPS-15 will be granted next higher scale as one time dispensation, if they have not availed time scale under Time Scale Policy-2022. However, their substantive pay scales will remain un-changed.
- The incumbents in BPS-06 to BPS-15 who have already availed benefit of time scale as per Time Scale Policy-2022 will only be granted one additional increment of their current pay scale as one time dispensation.
- Employees in BPS-16 will be granted one additional increment as one time dispensation.
- The post of Lower Division Clerk will be upgraded from BPS-09 to BPS-11 and that of Upper Division Clerk from BPS-11 to BPS-13 alongwith incumbents. Recruitment Rules will be amended by Establishment Division accordingly as per up-gradation policy.
The above mentioned special dispensations shall be subject to following conditions:
- The dispensation shall only be admissible to those Civil Servants of Federal Government who are in BPS-01 to BPS-16 (excluding employees paid out of Defence Estimates) and are in receipt of Disparity Reduction Allowances.
- This dispensation shall not be admissible to an employee who is currently drawing the pay of BPS-17 by whatsoever means.
- One chance of grant of higher Time Scale, admissible under Time Scale Policy-2022, shall be considered as lapsed in respect of employees who avail benefit under this dispensation.
- This dispensation shall not involve any upgradation of posts except the posts of LDC/UDC.
- No premature increment shall be admissible on grant of higher pay scale under this dispensation.
- The beneficiary of grant of higher pay scale under this dispensation shall continue to draw allowances/perks/privileges/etc. sanctioned for own substantive pay scale. The substantive pay scale is a pay scale which is acquired by a Civil Servant on regular basis through initial appointment/by means of promotion/appointment by transfer.
- The dispensation at para 1(c, d) will not be applicable to LDCs and UDCs whose posts have been upgraded under para 1(f).
- The phrase in para 2(i) “and who are in receipt of Disparity Reduction Allowances” shall stand omitted in case of the President’s Secretariat (Public), President’s Secretariat (Personal), Prime Minister’s Office (Public) and Prime Minister’s Office (Internal).
- These dispensations will be effective from 01-01-2023.
- Finance Division will notify an Anomaly Committee to address the issues arising from the implementation of this dispensation, and the decision of the Committee shall be final. However, for any variation/amendments in this dispensation, the recommendation of the Anomaly Committee shall require Prime Minister’s approval.
The Prime Minister Office has issued the notification on 9th February 2023 in connection with Special Dispensation for the Civil Servants in the Federal Secretariat for the employees in BS-01 to BS-16.
The Prime Minister has seen and is pleased to observe as follows:
- The payment of different allowances (otherwise frozen at certain levels) to employees holding ministerial posts in different offices, owing to their job description, cannot be the basis for creating inconsistencies in their service structure;
- The Disparity Reduction Allowance, allowed to the employees of Federal Secretariat, was not given to the employees of Offices referred to at para 15 of the summary. Thus, there may only be a nominal difference between the take-home salary of the employees of Federal Secretariat and of above two offices. In case, the benefit of change in service structure is not allowed to employees of these offices, it will likely put them in a disadvantageous position;
- Further, any discrimination in service structure of the employees is also likely to be agitated in the courts based on protection available under section 3 of the Civil Servants Act, 1973.
In view thereof, the Prime Minister has been pleased to reiterate his earlier orders at para 15 of the summary.
Upgradation of Federal Government Employees 2023 Latest News
The Prime Minister of Pakistan has finally approved the summary of upgradation for Federal Government employees who are working as technical or non-technical. The employees working from BPS-01 to BPS-05 are awarded two pay-scale upgradations and only one scale increase for the employees BPS-06 to BPS-15.
|BPS-01 to BPS-05||Two Pay Scale|
|BPS-06 to BPS-15||One Pay Scale|
According to the summary, the LDC (Lower Division Clerk) will be upgraded from BSP-09 to BPS-11 has been approved. The Upper Division Clerk (UDC) will be upgraded from BSP-11 to BPS-14.
The Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK) has already implemented the Upgradation as which the Federal Government summary has been approved. The initiative of the Upgradation of Federal Government employees has been taken according to the commitment with AGEGA (All Government Employees Grand Alliance).
All those Federal Government employees Grade-1 to Grade-5 who have not been awarded any time scale after passing service tenure of 10 years would increase two pay scales. The employees of Grade-6 to Grade-15 will be awarded only one scale upgradation.
All the employees who have BPS-16 will be awarded one increment. All these upgradations are only applicable to Federal Government employees throughout Pakistan.
If you are working in Defence Force and already avail of the Disparity Reduction Allowance, you will not be awarded Upgradation. According to this, the PM Office employees are also not upgraded due to the already awarded Disparity Allowance.
All the Government civil servant employees from BPS-17 to BPS-22 will not be considered for Upgradation. The notification will be issued very soon, and the implementation of notification will be from January 2023.
|PM Office Website||Check Online|
|Latest Employees News||Home Page|