Government of Pakistan, National Assembly Secretariat has issued the gazette of Pakistan for the federal employees Govt Employees Right of Access to Information Act 2017 with pdf download.
Brief Details of Federal Employees Right of Access to Information Act
THE RIGHT OF ACCESS TO INFORMATION ACT, 2017 (FEDERAL GOVERNMENT) — It shall apply to all public bodies of the Federal Government. It shall come into force at once.
Information Commission means the Pakistan Commission on Access to Information established in accordance with Section 18. Information means information based on record.
National Security means the matters pertaining to the integrity, security or defence of Pakistan or any part thereof. Record means a public record as defined in Section 6. Right of access to information means the right of access to information accessible under this Act which is held by or under the control of any public body and includes the right of access to information, documents or record in digital or printed form, as the case may be.
This Act shall be interpreted so as to advance its purposes as set out in the preamble and to promote the right of access to information; and facilitate and encourage promptly the disclosure of the information at the lowest and reasonable cost.
Table of Contents:
- Short title, application and commencement
- Right to have access to information not to be denied
- Maintenance and indexing of record
- Publication and availability of record
- Declaration of public record
- Exclusion of certain record
- Computerization and voluntary disclosure of record
- Designated official
- Functions of designated official
- Where information requested for is not held
- Procedure for acceptance and refusal of requests
- Time-limit for responding
- Fee for requests
- Information exempt from disclosure
- Information Commission
- Functions of the Information Commission
- Powers of the Information Commission
- Funding for the Information Commission
- Recruitment in Information Commission
- Act to override other laws
- Power to make rules
- Power to make regulations
- Power to remove difficulty