The Prime Ministers’ Office Islamabad has issued the latest notification on 19th May 2022 in connection with Federal Govt Employees Time Scale Promotion of agreement between ministerial committee and all Government employees grand alliance on service matters.
The Prime Minister has seen and is pleased to approve the proposed revised time scale policy in the light of Finance Division’s observations at para-12 as endorsed by the Establishment Division vide para-14 of the summary.
Agreement of Time Scale Promotion 2022 Federal Govt
- On award of time scale the civil servant will be entitled to pay & allowances sanctioned for that higher time scale.
- Service rendered on time scale will be counted for substantive pay scale of the incumbent.
- Time Scale will not be granted from back date i.e. it will not be effective before the date of TSC’s meeting.
- Time Scale will be admissible thrice in whole service. On each eve of promotion, one chance of Time Scale will be considered lapsed.
- In case a civil servant is promoted before grant of time scale then requisite length of service will be counted with effect from the date of actualization of that promotion.
- A civil servant who is already availing benefit of Time Scale Policy or move up/placement to higher grades like in case of civil servant in BPS-1 to BPS-4, Drivers/Dispatch Riders, Superintendent and health personnel, he/she has to give irrevocable option whether he/she want to continue with old time scale/move up/placement or new time scale policy.
- Each Ministry/Division/Department may ensure to seek irrevocable option within one month of issuance of this Policy.
- Extra Ordinary leave will not be counted for length of service for grant of Time Scale.
- As a one-time special dispensation, the requisite length of service for grant of first time scale will be counted from current BPS held by the incumbent (either substantive or otherwise).
Revised Time Scale Policy 2022 Federal Govt
Time Scale shall be granted to all civil servants in BPS-1 to BPS-16 of Federal Government thrice during entire service is per following pattern;
|a||First Time Scale||On completion of 10 years’ service in current substantive pay scale|
|b||Second Time Scale||On completion of 8 years’ service after grant of first time scale or last promotion|
|c||Third Time Scale||On completion of 8 years’ service after the grant of 2nd time scale or last promotion.|
Time Scale will be admissible subject to following conditions:
- Completion of prescribed length of service
- Each Ministry/Division/Department will constitute and notify a Time Scale Committee (TSC) on the pattern of Departmental Promotion Committee
- Time Scale will be granted on the recommendation of relevant Time Scale Committee
- Performance Evaluation Reports, detail of Disciplinary Action (if any) and completion of requisite length of service will be the eligibility criteria for evaluation by the TSC.
- Time Scale shall not be granted w.e.f from the date of completion of requisite length of service rather completion of length of service will make the employee eligible for consideration by the relevant TSC. Time Scale shall always be granted with immediate effect, on the recommendation of relevant TSC, and after the approval of appointing authority for that higher time scale.
- Grant of Time Scale shall not be considered as promotion within the meaning of Section-9 of Civil Servants Act, 1973.
- The substantive pay scale of time scale beneficiary shall be original scale possesses by civil servant on regular basis through initial appointment or by means promotion
- On award of Time Scale the pay of civil servant shall be fixed in higher Time Scale without grant of pre-mature increment.
- A civil servant who is awarded Time Scale during the period between 1st June to 30 November of calendar year can opt for re-fixation of pay presumptively.
|Official Website||Check Online|
|Latest Employees News||Home Page|