Government of Pakistan, Federal Directorate of Education has issued the official notification on 29th June 2021 in connection with Federal Promotion Policy for Class-1 To Class-8th for academic session 2020-21/general guidelines.
Promotion Policy For Class-I To Class-VII Federal 2021
In reference with the subject as cited above and after approval of the competent authority, salient features of the promotion policy for students (Pre I to VIII) are as follows:
PROMOTION POLICY FOR CLASS-I TO VII
There shall be no annual examinations for classes’ Prep to VII. All students shall be promoted to next respective class. However 04 formative/classroom assessments per subject of every student must be kept in school’s record, duly verified by respective Head of Institutions (Hols) as per following template:
PROMOTION POLICY FOR CLASS-VIII
In-house examination shall be conducted by respective Head of Institution’s as per centralized date sheet (overleaf). Minimum pass percentage achieved in each subject shall be 35% for this academic year only.
Following guideline to be followed
- The %age marks of each subject shall be entered in Institutional Examination record.
- No student shall be retained in previous class whatsoever the result bay be.
- Students obtaining overall 55% aggregate in class VIII Examination shall have unrestricted choice to opt for either Science Group or Humanities Group.
SCHEDULE OF RESULT 2021-22 / NEW ACADEMIC SESSION
- Result of Class-VIII 30 / 31 July 2021
- Summer Vacations (For students only) 1st July 2021 to 1st August 2021
- Commencement of new Academic Session 2nd August 2021 2.
Head of Institution shall ensure school leaving certificate to the desiring students (Pre I-VII) with status as of “Promoted” to next classes respectively.
All-Area Education Officers are advised to ensure implementation of these instructions in all Islamabad Model Schools/Colleges of their respective sectors in true letter and spirit.