The Higher Education Commission has issued the latest announcement on 29th August 2022 in connection with HEC Higher Education Aptitude Test (HAT) 2022 registration online. The last date for online registration is 12th September 2022.
The Higher Education Commission (HEC) via Education Testing Council (ETC) will conduct Higher Education Aptitude Test (HAT) for award of all HEC scholarships and for admission in MS/MPhil programmes through a uniform, accessible, and transparent selection process.
HEC HAT Test 2022 Online Registration
The test is being organized for those applicants:
- Who have already applied online for any MS/MPhil admission or HEC scholarships via E-portal for further final selection process
- Who intend to apply for the scholarship schemes to be advertised in future including those by HEC sponsored Pakistani universities
- Who are interested in securing admission in MS/MPhil programmes in public and private universities of Pakistan.
Higher Education Aptitude Test Categories 2022
Which HAT Versions to Apply for Based on Academic Streams? The test will be conducted in the following five categories based on 16 years/equivalent education and the students should register accordingly:
|Test Category||Discipline||Test Breakup|
|English / Verbal Reasoning||Analytical Reasoning||Quantitive Reasoning||Total|
|HAT-1||Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics||30%||30%||40%||100|
|HAT-2||Management Sciences, Business Education||30%||40%||30%||100|
|HAT-3||Arts and Humanities, Social Sciences, Psychology (Clinical & Applied) and Law||40%||35%||25%||100|
|HAT-4||Agriculture & Veterinary Sciences, Biological & Medical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Education, Media & Mass Communication||40%||30%||30%||100|
|HAT-General||Religious Studies (Madrasa Graduates)||40%||30%||30%||100|
The applicants must select the correct category while filling the online form. Test score will be valid for two years (for scholarships and admissions in MS/MPhil programmes).
HAT Test Examination Date
- Date of Examination Test will be held on September 25, 2022 tentatively. Any change in the test date will be communicated through www.hec.gov.pk and http://etc.hec.gov.pk
- Applicants who register through HEC online registration process will be able to download their Roll Number Slip from http://etc.hec.gov.pk and registered Email address a week before the test date.
- Email/SMS will also be sent to registered applicants for test date, time and venue. While filling online application forms, candidates are required to provide valid email/mobile numbers on which they wish to receive Roll Number Slips.
- A print of Roll Number Slip, original paid Fee Challan and original CNIC will be required to enter the Test Centre on the test day.
Detail of Test Center HAT HEC
- The examination will be conducted in the following cities:
- Applicants may select any test centre from the list available in the application form.
- Please note that the said test will be held on any of above centres if minimum 250 applicants select that centre.
- Please note that test centre once selected will not be changed after registration.
HAT Test Schedule
Test will be held on quarterly basis and simultaneously in the major cities of Pakistan. Yearly test calendar will be uploaded on the ETC website. Candidates may register themselves through online registration portal: http://etc.hec.gov.pk. A sample paper will be available at HEC website for help and guidance in preparation for the test.
How To Apply For HAT Test 2022 HEC
- For registration, please visit: http://etc.hec.gov.pk.
- In case of any query during the online registration, please visit onlinehelp.hec.gov.pk or visit HEC regional offices for guidance.
- Application Submission comprises two steps; profile completion using “My Profile” section and application submission using “Higher Education Aptitude Test” links on the menu panel on the left-hand side bar of online portal.
- Only SUBMITTED applications will be considered for HAT and applications in SAVE or INCOMPLETE mode will not be entertained.
- The test fee for HAT is Rs. 1500/- per candidate. Candidates will deposit the fee amount in Habib Bank Limited Account No. 1742 7900 1334 01. Title of Account: Higher Education Commission Download bank fee challan while registering for the test at http://etc.hec.gov.pk. (Fee Challan is only available on ETC online registration portal).
- All candidates are required to upload the paid and scanned fee challan, duly stamped by an HBL branch, while completing the application form of ETC online registration portal to submit the application.
- The test fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Note: It is mandatory to bring original applicant copy of paid fee challan on a test day along with your Roll Number Sip, Original CNIC/original passport, otherwise candidate will not be allowed to sit in the examination.
|HEC Website||Check Online|
|Latest Employees News||EmployeesPortal|