The HEC Interim Placement of Fresh PhDs (IPFP) Program was initiated by Higher Education Commission in 2009 and implemented till Fiscal Year 2023 Batch-IV. It provides employment to highly qualified fresh PhDs, and support Pakistani universities. Placement under IPFP was on halt temporarily due to formulation of new policy. HEC has revised the placement policy and Phase-ll of the Programme is now announced with revised Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for result based implementation of the programme. The last date for submission of application form is 16th February 2023.
Applications are invited for the Interim Placement of Fresh PhDs (IPFP) programme in all areas of study/disciplines under the IPFP Phase-II (Batch-IV). Through the IPFP programme, the Higher Education Commission (HEC) creates an opportunity for fresh PhDs to obtain academic experience and mentorship for one year in the higher education institutions (HEIS), federal/provincial government postgraduate colleges or public sector R&D organizations offering degree programmes, prior to their formal entry into the academic job market.
HEC Interim Placement PhDs 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Pakistani/AJK nationality
- Maximum age limit is 40 years on the closing date
- Candidates must hold a PhD degree from an HEC-recognised university (Pakistani or foreign) completed within the two years preceding the advertisement
- Candidates should have published at least two research publications in HEC recognised or indexed journals
- Individuals holding regular faculty positions are not eligible. However, those holding irregular or contract positions (or other sub-optimal jobs) in universities or elsewhere may apply, and if selected, will have to resign and submit a clearance certificate from their previous employer. Exceptions are the non-gazetted employees (i.e., below BPS 17), who wish to retain their lien.
HEC IPFP 2023 Benefits
NFDP: Eligible candidates will get an outstanding opportunity to attend free of cost, online, one month National Faculty Development Programme (NFDP) with a team of highly reputed national and international trainers. However, no stipend will be paid during the one-month online training.
One Year Placement at Host Institutions: HEC will facilitate in providing opportunity of placement at HEls for one year as an IPFP Fellow by sharing credentials of successful candidates.
Monetary Benefits: HEC will pay a fixed salary/remuneration, currently fixed at PKR. 100,000/- per month for a period of 12 months from the date of joining as IPFP Fellow.
Application Procedure for HEC Interim Placement PhDs 2023
- Interested applicants are required to apply online at HEC eportal, i.e., http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/ipfp for IPFP Phase-II (Batch-IV) 2022 on or before February 16, 2023.
- Scanned copies of HEC-attested PhD degree, and/or an equivalence certificate issued by the HEC Equivalence Cell for foreign PhDs must be uploaded together with the application.
- Application processing fee, i.e., Rs. 3000/- (non-refundable) to be deposited in the online A/C No. 17427900133401; Account Title: Higher Education Commission; Bank: Habib Bank Limited and receipt to be uploaded at http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/ipfp.
- Applicants are required to send their application form, copy of CNIC along with one latest photograph and ORIGINAL fee deposit slip at the address given below.
- Eligible applicants will be required to appear in a mandatory pre-assessment test to be held tentatively on 29th February 2022. Any change in the test date will be communicated through www.hec.gov.pk
- The pre-assessment test will be conducted only in major cities. Applicants may select any test centre from the list available in the application form. Please note that test centre will not be changed after submission of application form.
- As per HEC Commission Meeting Decision held on 28th July 2022, top 350 candidates who obtain a minimum score of 50% in the pre-assessment test will attend the one-month mandatory online NFDP (Six Days per week) followed by an evaluation test before placement at Higher Education Institutes (HEIS).
- Selected candidates shall be required to provide hard copies of all required documents before start of the online training. Failure to submit the required documents will lead to rejection of application.
- Successful completion of NFDP is mandatory for placement at the Host HEls as ‘IPFP Fellow’.
In case of any discrepancies found in the record, HEC reserves the right to reject the applicant at any stage. For further details, please visit https://www.hec.gov.pk.
|Official Website||Online Admission|
|Latest Employees News||Home Page|