HEC has announced today on Friday, 12th March, 2021 in connection with Law Graduate assessment test (LAW-GAT) schedule 2021. The last date for submission of application is 26th March, 2021.
HEC Law GAT Test Date 2021
The Hon’ble Supreme Court vide its 2018 Order has directed restoration of the Law Graduate Assessment Test (Law-GAT) by the Pakistan Bar Council (PBC) through the Higher Education Commission (HEC). The objective of the Assessment Test is to ensure proper scrutiny and evaluation of a law graduate desirous to join the legal profession so that only competent individuals possessing necessary basic knowledge of law may enter the legal profession for practicing law.
Therefore, a law graduate only becomes eligible to apply to a Bar Council for enrolment as an Advocate if he/she qualifies the Assessment Test to be conducted by the Higher Education Commission, Pakistan having been so authorized by the Pakistan Bar Council, pursuant to the aforementioned Order of the Hon’ble Supreme Court and read with Section 26 (cc) of Legal Practitioners and Bar Council’s Act 1973 and rules of the PBC.
Eligilbity Criteria For HEC Law GAT Test Registration Schedule 2021
Persons having passed Bachelor’s degree in Law or equivalent from a university recognized by HEC/PBC are eligible to apply.
Law GAT Syllabus 2021 (Curriculum):
Revised Curriculum of Law GAT Test can be downloaded from https://www.hec.gov.pk/ english/HECAnnouncements/Pages/ Syllabus-LAW-GAT.aspx
- The test will consist of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
Date of Test:
- The LAW GAT Test tentatively will be held on April 11, 2021. Any change in test date will be communicated through http://etchec.gov.pk.
- Applicants who register through HEC online registration process will download their Roll Number Slip through http://etchec.gov.pk a week before the test date.
- Email/SMS will be sent to registered applicants for test date, time and venue.
- Candidates are required to provide valid email/mobile number while filling online application form.
- A print of Roll Number slip and original CNIC will be required to enter in Test centre.
Detail of Test Centres:
The examination will be conducted in the following test centres:
Applicants may select any test centre from the list available in the application form.
Please note that said test will be held on any of above centres if minimum 100 applicants will select that centre. Otherwise, the nearest test centre will be assigned to the candidate.
Please also note that test centre once selected will not be changed after registration.
How To Apply HEC Online Registration For LAW-GAT 2021
- Please visit the following link: http://etchec.gov.pk for online registration.
- In case of any difficulty during the online registration, please visit onlinehelp.hec.gov.pk or call on the helpline number given below.
- Only SUBMITTED applications will be considered for LAW-GAT Test.
- Test fee of Rs. 3000/- is to be deposited online/ATM in the Account No.01127900567403, Account Title: Higher Education Commission Bank: Habib Bank Limited, Branch Code:0112 Bank draft/Pay Order will not be accepted.
- Applicants are required to submit Original fee deposit slip/ATM/Online transfer through courier at Room No. 13-209, 2nd floor, HRD Building, HEC,H-8, Islamabad on or before the last date of registration.
- Please mention your CNIC number at the back side of the deposit slip.
- The examination fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
DEADLINE FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION LAST DATE FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION IS FRIDAY, MARCH 26 2021.
- 50% score is required to pass the Law Graduate Assessment Test (Law-GAT).
- Applicants will have to meet other criteria (if any) as per Rules and Regulations of the Pakistan Bar Council to get license.
- Applicants will have maximum of three chances to clear the test. HEC will conduct the test on quarterly basis in a year.