Higher Education Commission has announced the advertisement of the HEC SEE Law Test on 12th June 2021. It is a special equivalence test, a pre-requisite test to appear in bar entrance test-law-gat. You can get almost every kind of information regarding eligibility criteria, type of test, exam date, test centers, and application procedure. The last date for submission of the application is 25th June 2021.
HEC SEE Entrance LAW GAT Test 2021 Details
The Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan is conducting a Special Equivalence Examination for law graduates of foreign universities (SEE-Law) as per direction of the Honorable Supreme Court vide its order dated March 06, 2018 and judgment dated August 31, 2018 passed in C.P.134/2012 “Pakistan Bar Council Vs Federation and Others” and as required under the Pakistan Bar Council (PBC) Legal Education Rules, 2015.
The law graduates of foreign universities/institutions, recognized by HEC/PBC, are required to pass the Special Equivalence Examination before appearing in Law Graduate Assessment Test (Law-GAT), which is mandatory to apply to the Bar Council for enrollment as an advocate. Online applications are invited from desirous law graduates who have obtained their law degrees from HEC/PBC-recognised foreign universities/institutions.
HEC LAW Admission Test 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- Persons who have passed Bachelor’s degrees or equivalent in the field of law from a foreign university/institution recognized by HEC/PBC are eligible to apply.
Curriculum of Special Equivalency Examination (SEE-Law)
- The Special Equivalency Examination (SEE-Law) will be held as per the approved syllabus available at:
Law Entrance Test Type:
The test will be based on Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) only.
Date of Exam:
- The test will be held on July 4, 2021 tentatively. Any change in the test date will be communicated through www.hec.gov.pk and http://etc.hec.gov.pk
- Applicants who register through HEC online registration process will be able to download their Roll Number Slips from http://etc.hec.gov.pk and the same shall also be sent on their registered email address a week before the test date.
- Email/SMS regarding examination date, time and venue will be sent to the registered applicants. Candidates are required to provide valid email/mobile number while filling their online application forms.
- A print of Roll Number Slip and original CNIC will be required to enter the Examination Centre on the test day.
Examination Centers For Law Admission Test:
The test will be conducted in the federal and provincial capitals. Applicants may select an examination centre from the list available in the application form. The centre once selected will not be changed.
How To Apply For Law SEE Test 2021
- Visit the following link http://etc.hec.gov.pk for online registration.
- In case of difficulty during online registration, visit onlinehelp.hec.gov.pk or download the user manual available at http://etc.hec.gov.pk
- Only online SUBMITTED applications will be considered for SEE-Law test.
- Test fee of Rs. 5000/- is to be deposited online/ATM in the account No. 01127900567403, Account Title: Higher Education Commission, Habib Bank Limited, Branch Code: 0112.
- Applicants are required to submit the original fee deposit slip through courier to Member’s House, HEC, Sector H-8, Islamabad, on or before the last date of registration.
- Mention your CNIC number at the back of your deposit slip.
- The test fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- 50% score is required to qualify the Special Equivalence Examination (SEE-Law) as specified by PBC.
- Applicants will have to meet other criteria, if any, as per Rules & Regulations of the PBC. Applicants will have maximum three chances to clear the examination.
- HEC will conduct the examination twice or on quarterly basis as needed.
- HELPLINES: 051-111-119-432, 0334-111-9432
- hecpkofficial @hec_pk