Government of the Punjab School Education Department has issued the Notification on 06 August, 2019 in the matter of Independence Day Celebrations 14th August, 2019. The summary of the letter is given below:
Apropos the subject, I am directed to state that School Education Department, Government of the Punjab is committed to celebrate Independence Day on 14th August, 2019 in a befitting manner. The instructions in this regard are as follows:-
1. The arrangements to celebrate the Independence Day be ensured well before 14th August, 2019.
2. The following activities will be conducted in all Male and Female Elementary,High and Higher Secondary Schools on 14th August, 2019.
(a). Holding competitions of Speeches, Qiraat, Quiz Program, Debates, Milli Songs and Naat Khwani among the students.
(b). Arranging declamations contests.
(c). Boy Scouts and Girl Guides will be actively associated with the celebrations.
(d). Special Tree Plantation Campaign at schools to be organized.
3. Flag hoisting Ceremony will be held at District and Tehsil Levels at 09:00 AM followed by the National Anthem.
4. The ceremonies will be chaired by the public representatives i.e. Ministers, MNAsl MPAs.
5. Guests of Honor will be the workers of Pakistan Movement, high achievers In different fields and relatives of Shuhdaa’s.
6. To lay flowers on the graves of Shuhdaa’s of Police, Citizens and Pak Army.