Allama Iqbal Open University announced via advertisement of the latest 2021 jobs in AIOU as Sufi-Studies, Seerat-Un-Nabi & Iqbal Chairs. The Allama Iqbal Open University intends to establish a Center of Excellence for Sufi Studies, Seerat-Un-Nabi, Iqbal Chair of Muslim Thoughts, and Creating Archives of the intelligentsia of Pakistan (Dialogue with History-Series of Interviews). The aim is to establish a center where an excellence-based knowledge hub is to be established primarily to carry out research on Seerat-un-Nabi, unveil the hidden corners of Iqbal’s thoughts on Sufism and Muslim philosophy, and establishment of archives of the intelligentsia of Pakistan based on the series of interviews of living legends.
AIOU Seeks Applications As Head of Chairs For Center of Excellence
SEERAT-UN-NABIS CHAIR to raise the analytical level of discourse in the Muslim scholarly community, and to work for a consensus on issues the Muslim Ummah is concerned with, in the light of Uswa-e-Hasanah. The chair will also focus on current challenges faced by the society and shall provide appropriate guidance in the light of research on life of Holy Prophet as a guide, warner, and bearer of divine good tidings for Muslim Ummah.
IQBAL CHAIR ON SUFISM & MUSLIM THOUGHTS to promote Sufi thoughts based on the principles of love, peace, humanism, equality, and to provide an opportunity for scholars to deliberate on Muslim philosophical thought of Allama Muhammad Iqbal through his published works and focus on the promotion of research and dissemination of Jual.
DIALOGUE WITH HISTORY to record oral conversations of various eminent/public intellectuals to obtain information on different perspectives.
Nominations/applications are invited from Pakistani and Foreign scholars of International repute and recognized scholarly eminence to occupy these distinguished Chairs. As part of the overall research team, the Chair will provide leadership role for trans-disciplinary applied research that would focus on the nexus and the relations of above research. The applicants are expected to have a broad expertise and knowledge of relevant discipline/theme or combinations that would fit within any of the above research themes.
Qualification & Experience:
The nominee/applicant may preferably hold a Ph.D degree in relevant discipline, alongwith 20 years of teaching/research experience in a University or a post-graduate Institution or professional experience in Experience organization of international repute.
Remuneration & Tenure:
The Scholar will be offered an attractive salary package negotiable depending on scholarly experience. The appointment will initially be for a period of 2 years, a renewable term.
How to Apply:
- Nominations/applicants are required to be submitted online through the AIOU job portal http://aiou.edu.pk and send hard copy of the same application along with the intent letter describing the specific theme, photograph and attested photocopies of required documents (viz. educational and experience certificates, copy of passport for foreign applicants).
- A detailed CV along with list of publications and details of relevant work be attached.
- Those already in Government Service should apply through proper channel. Incomplete/late applications will not be entertained. Only eligible candidates will be considered for further process
- Application processing fee @ Rs. 2500/- be deposited through AIOU Fee Challan.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing in interview. AIOU reserves the right to increase or decrease number of positions and to reject any or all the applications without assigning any reason.
- Information claimed in online application form will be treated as final. Any subsequent claims, earlier not given in on-line application form shall not be accepted.
- Applications, as prescribed, must reach the undersigned by 06-09-2021.
|Employees News Portal||Click Here|