The Government of Pakistan, Finance Division Pay and Pension Commission has issued the official notification on 14th February 2022 in connection with AGEGA Demands through minutes of public hearing with representatives of All Government Grand Alliance (AGEGA) held on February 3, 2022.
Kindly find enclosed Minutes of public hearing with representatives of All Government Grand Alliance (AGEGA), held on 03 February, 2022, in Conference Room, 5h Floor, Kohsar Block, Pak Secretariat, Islamabad, for information and necessary action please.
Latest Updates on 27th February 2022: The Government of Pakistan, Finance Division has issued the official notification on 23rd February 2022 in connection with extension of time limit for submitting the recommendations by pay and pension commission. The Prime Minister has been pleased to grant the extension in time for submission of pay & pension Commission recommendations by 31st March, 2022. Finance Division’s Notification bearing dated 12-11-2021 shall stand amended to this extent.
Minutes of Public Hearing with Rep of AGEGA and APAACA
The public hearing with representatives of All Government Employees Grand Alliance (AGEGA) and All Pakistan Audit & Accounts Combined Association (APAACA) with regard to their proposals / demands was held on 3 February, 2022, in the Comte Room at Kohsar Block, Pak Secretariat, Islamabad. The hearing was attended by the members of the Pay and Pension Commission, and representatives of the All Government Employees Grand Alliance (AGEGA) and All Pakistan Audit & Accounts Combined Association (APAACA). The list of participants is attached as Annexure-A.
The meeting started with recitation of the Holy Quran. The Chair welcomed the participants and apprised them about objectives of the meeting. The Chair, requested Mr. Rehman Ali Bajwa, Chief Coordinator, AGEGA to give briefing on subject.
Mr. Rehman Ali Bajwa, Chief Coordinator, AGEGA apprised the Commission that higher prices of daily commodities and utilities has made life of low paid Government Servant life miserable and further stated that the disparity in salaries between various Federal and Provincial governments is very high.
All Government Employees Grand Alliance (AGEGA) submitted following proposals –
- Disparity in Pay, Allowances & Scales should be removed (BPS-1 to 22).
- Pay Allowances & Scales of deprived government employees should be at par to other Federal Government Departments, Supreme Judiciary, Provincial Secretariat
- After removal of disparity in Pay, Allowances and Scales 50% increase in salary to all federal government employees on running basis pay may be given due to current inflation.
- Utility Allowance @25% should be given to remaining Federal Govt. Employees Departments / Supreme Judiciary i.e. NAB, FIA, Supreme Court, and High Courts etc.
- House Rent Ceiling should become part of monthly pay as already allowed to other Federal Department/Supreme Judiciary etc.
- House Rent Ceiling should be increased at the ratio of 25% and increase automatically after completion of 3 years.
- Medical Allowance should be increased from Rs.1500/- to Rs.5000/- per month of BPS-1 to 16 Non-Gazetted Employees and from 15% to 25% per month of BPS 16 to 22.
- Conveyance Allowance should be increased up to Rs.6000/- per month of BPS-1 to 16 Non-Gazetted Employees.
- Conveyance Allowance should be increased starting from Rs.10,000/- per month of Gazetted employees BPS-16 to 19 or Monetization should be given to them as per % age basis on running basic pay.
- 100% increase of special conveyance allowance for disable persons BPS-1 to 16 Federal Government Employees.
- Promotion for disable person on completion of at least 10 years satisfactory service for federal employees BPS-1 to 16.
- Pension should be increased at least 50%.
- Up-gradation of all other Cadres either Ministerial or Technical like Steno, APS, PS, Jr. Computer Operator, Lab Attendant, Technicians, Accounts Related Posts, Sr. & Jr. Auditor, National Savings Posts, Pakistan Post etc and other Technical Cadres etc.
- Contract Employees may be regularized.
- The policy is being prepared by Finance Division or Pay and Pension if any, for pensioners should be implemented to new recruited employees only not current government employees.
- Adhoc Reliefs should be merged in the existing basis pay as per our agreement dated 11th February, 2021 with the Representatives of Govt. of Pakistan and direction was also given to representatives of Finance Division by Mr. Pervaiz Khattak, Minister for Defence in the last meeting with us.
- Time Scale Promotion may be allowed as per our agreement dated 11th February, 2021. Up-gradation of Ministerial Posts from 1″ March, 2021 should be notified as early as possible as per our agreement dated 11th February, 2021. Minimum Wage of Labour should be Rs.25,000/-.
In response to the query raised by SJS. Saad Fazil Abbasi about the advantages of timescale promotion, Mr. Rehman Bajwa replied that it would provide the financial benefit as well as bring job satisfaction. Ms. Nazrat Bashir observed that there is disparity among provinces as well on the demand of equal salary in Federal and Provincial Secretarial. On the heated demands of the Chief Coordinator of AGEGA, SJS Saad Fazil Abbasi clarified that the Commission would be making dispassionate analysis and recommendations. Dr Massod Akhter Chaudhry, member, Pay and Pension Commission, observed that the AGEGA demands are of financial and administrative nature. Administrative aspect is already being observed by MS Wing and financial aspect would be considered by Pay & Pension Commission.
All Pakistan Audit and Accounts Combined Association has coalition with AGEGA and their demands/Proposals were the same with more emphasis on upgradation . time scale promotion for better job satisfaction.
After detailed deliberation the following decisions were taken during the meeting:
- AGEGA representative will provide the total salary different BPS
employees are currently getting and share the effect on salary with 50% and 100% increase in various allowances.
- AGEGA and APAACA will share the upgraded posts notifications already happened in various departments.
The public hearing ended with a note of thanks from both Commission members and the association representatives.
|Official Website||Check Online|
|Latest Employees News||Home Page|