The Government of Pakistan, National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) Islamabad has issued the official notification of lockdown as immediate implementation in view of the increasing cases of Corona virus which will be effective till 11th April, 2021;
NCOC Implement Lockdown in Islamabad 23rd March, 2021
- Transportation in addition to emergency has been banned on provincial entrances and exits.
- Eating inside hotels and restaurants will be prohibited, while open space will be allowed until 10 p.m. Also takeaways will be allowed.
- Gathering of more than 300 people will be prohibited. Religious, cultural and music programs will be completely banned.
- Cinemas and shrines will remain closed
- Sports, cultural programs have been completely banned.
- Wedding programs will be allowed to be held in open space only (the program will be held for two hours only) No program will be held after 10 pm. Gathering of more than 300 people will be prohibited.
- All parks will remain closed only walking will be allowed.
- 50% staff will be present in public and private offices.
- 50% of passengers will be allowed to sit in transport within the district.
- 70% passengers will be allowed to travel in the train.
- Wearing a mask is mandatory.
- All businesses except grocery stores will close at 8 pm.