The government of Punjab, School Education Department has issued the official notification on 26th November 2021 in connection immediate and effective measures to prevent control SMOG in Punjab.
Kindly refer to the letter No. H. (SMU)5-7/2021 dated 15th November, 2021 received from Special Monitoring Unit, Chief Minister’s Office, Lahore regarding SMOG awareness campaign.
Preventive Measures To Control SMOG in Punjab
I am, therefore, directed to request you to ensure the compliance of following instructions / directions regarding SMOG in true letter and spirit:
- Circulation / display of attached instructions regarding SMOG prevention in all schools (Public/Private) and offices.
- Conduct awareness sessions in school and also send compliance report regarding number of sessions held.
- Awareness regarding CAR POOLING among officers, officials and in school staff / students in order to reduce the volume of traffic which is one of the major cause of SMOG.
- Circulation of instructions to all public and private educational institutions to increase the use of buses / vans by 50% for pick and drop of students (copy of PDMA order dated 18-11-2021 attached).
- For District Lahore only: In pursuance of the Relief Commissioner Punjab, PDMA, Lahore’s Order bearing No. Smog-2020/174/Coord-Il dated 22-11-2021, I am directed to intimate that all public and private educational institutions in terrestrial limits of Lahore Metropolitan Corporation shall remain closed on every Monday, in addition to weekly holidays which shall be observed on Saturday and Sunday, with effect from 27-11-2021 until 15-01-2022. However, they may arrange virtual classes.
I am further directed to request you to send the compliance report regarding Para No. 2 (i & ii above) along with pictorial evidence to this office through e-mail on daily basis for onward submission to the quarter concerned.
Implementation of Action Plan of SMOG Mitigation
The Government of Punjab, Special Monitoring Unit, Chief Minister’s Office has issued the notification on 15th November 2021 in connection with status update on the Implementation of Action Plan of SMOG Mitigation.
With reference to the subject cited above, the meeting was held under the chairmanship of Minister Finance, Punjab on 5th November 2021 to review the smog issue in the entire Punjab. The Ministerial Committee raised serious concerns on the action plan presented by the relevant departments to mitigate smog. Therefore, all relevant departments are requested to come up with a robust strategy in this matter.
No Outdoor Sports and Activities in Schools till 20th December Due to Smog
In this regard, a tracker has been prepared by the SMOG working group to monitor the progress of the departments attached in (Annex A). A WhatsApp Group has been created and all concerned departments’ focal person will be added to the group. All the members of the group will be required to provide daily updates on their respective action items.
Notification of 3-Days Weekend in Lahore Due To SMOG
The Secretariat of Board of Revenue, Punjab Provincial Disaster Management Authority has issued the official notification on 22nd Nov 2021 regarding 3-Days Weekend in Lahore Due To SMOG.
All private offices boing operated by companies, private sector entities and other Individuals, within the territorial limits of Lahore Metropolitan Corporation, shall remain closed on every Monday, In addition to Saturday and Sunday, with effect from 27.11.2021 until 15.1.2022. However, their staff may work from home.
All public and private educational Institutions (Colleges, Schools and Academies etc.) in territorial limits of Lahore Metropolitan Corporation shall remain closed on every Monday, in addition to weekly holidays which shall be observed on Saturday and Sunday, with effect from 27.11.2021 until 15.1.2022. However, they may arrange virtual classes.
The order shall be given wide publicity in official Gazette, Newspapers and broadcasting through Radio Pakistan, Pakistan Television and other TV Channels as news item as well as on social media for Information of the general public.
|SMOG Website||Check Online|
|Latest Employees News||Home Page|
1 comment for “Notification of SMOG in Punjab”