Overseas Pakistanis Foundation (OPF) is established under the Emigration Ordinance, 1979 and registered under Companies Ordinance on 8th July, 1979 as a Company Limited by Guarantee. The Board of Governors is supreme body and all operations of OPF are managed under overall control of the Board and policy directions from the Federal Government of Pakistan.
The Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) is an initiative of the Government of Punjab. The Punjab Educational Endowment Fund is established with the objective of providing scholarships/monetary assistance to talented and needy students for pursuing quality education with equal opportunities. The PEEF was initially established with seed money Rs 2.00 billion in 2011, which now has been raised to more than Rs 17.00 billion.
Since its establishment in 2009, the PEEF has awarded more than 235,000 scholarships worth more than Rs. 11.5 billion. With the inclusion of current year’s 115,000 scholarships; the total number of scholarship awarded by June 2018 will exceed 350,000 with an estimated worth of Rs. 18.25 bullion.
The PEEF endeavors to bring best educational opportunities to the less privileged and talented youth of Punjab and is also providing opportunity of higher education to the talented and needy students of other provinces AJK, FATA, Gilgit Baltistan& Islamabad Capital Territory.
The Punjab Educational Endowment FUND (PEEF) and Overseas Pakistanis Foundation (OPF) have signed a MOU to award more than 732 scholarships to meritorious children of overseas Pakistanis registered with OPF. The title of the scholarship program is “PEEF-OPEF (Overseas Pakistanis Education Fund) Scholarship Program”. Under the subject PEEF-OPEF scholarship program, scholarships will be awarded for the following levels of education:
- Intermediate or equivalent
- Master /MS/M.Phil
Eligibility for OPF Scholarships
- Should have secured admission as regular student in an educational institution affiliated /recognized by local educational Board/ HEC
- Minimum 60% marks or 2.5 GPA/CGPA in the last board /university exam
- Either father or mother of the applicant must be e registered member of Overseas Pakistanis Foundation (valid for 03 years in case of permanently returned OPs)
- Children of deceased registered OPs are also eligible to apply in case his /her parent has died within 03 years before the last date of this advertisement
- Monthly income of parent should be equal to or less than Rs. 100,000/-
- Candidates should not be getting any other scholarship during the academic year.