Punjab Examination Commission (PEC) Lahore has issued the official Notification on 16th February, 2021 in connection with PEC conduct School Based Assessment 2021 Class-1 to Class-8th and issuance of report cards by Schools.
PEC Conduct of SBA For Class-1 to Class-8th
No. PEC: 392 Consequent upon the decision of NCOC to close the academic institutions in 13 districts, the Punjab Examination Commission has reviewed the schedule of conduct of School Based Assessment and the following revised schedule is hereby notified:
PEC Examination Schedule Grade-I To Grade-VIII 2021
|1||Conduct of SBA For Grade-I to Grade-VIII||7th June To 25th June, 2021|
|2||Issuance of Report Cards By Schools||Bey 30th June, 2021|
PEC SOP For Conduct of Class-1 To Class-8th Examination 2021
The PEC Standard Operating Procedures are given below in detail;
- Mode of assessment of the academic session 2020-21 is 50% weightage for Homework and 50% weightage for MCQ based paper.
- Assessment for Class-1 & 2 (English, Maths, General Knowledge and Urdu) will be Oral and instruments will be provided by the PEC;
- Item bank of 100 Items per subject for Grade III to VIII of all core subjects (English, Maths, Science, Urdu, Computer Science, History & Geography and Islamiyat / Ethics) will be provided by PEC;
- Assessment of remaining /optional subjects will be prepared and conducted by school itself;
- Each MCQ paper will be of 25 items having 2 marks for each item with a duration of 60 minutes (in multiple sessions daily if needed) as per SOPs of Covid-19 issued by Govt of the Punjab.
- Date sheet for SBA will be issued by the Head Teacher of the school as per above mentioned schedule.
- Punjab Examination Commission (PEC) will establish a Control Room at provincial level for coordination / facilitation to District Education Authorities;
Standard Operating Procedure for conduct of School Based Assessment will be the same as earlier communication vide this office Notification No. PEC-138 dated 16th February, 2021.