Pakistan Engineering Council has issued the official notification on 27th June 2021 in connection with PEC Elections For Governing Body 2021-24. The further details are given below;
Elections For PEC Governing Body 2021-24
- Under the provisions of PEC Act, 1976 (amended upto 1st December, 2016), and PEC Byelaws-1976 (amended upto 31st March, 2015), Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) is conducting Elections for the office of Chairman, Senior Vice Chairman, Four (04) Vice Chairmen of the Provinces and Forty (40) Members of Governing Body for the term 2021-24.
- All Professional Engineers (PEs) and Registered Engineers (RES) holding valid registration as on 30th June, 2021, are eligible to participate in PEC Election 2021. Engineers registered with PEC must check their eligibility for the Election at https://verification.pec.org.pk to ensure inclusion of their name(s) in the Valid Voter’s List. In case, an Engineer finds that his/her registration status is incorrect or not updated, he/she can submit “Profile Correction” request at https://portal.pec.org.pk/Login/Login latest by (05th July, 2021 – 1700 hours). For any further
query, please email at *protected email*.
- Nominations are invited from “Professional Engineers” accompanied by attested copy of domicile certificate, CNIC and affidavit by the Candidate for the Election to the office of Chairman (Twenty Five years standing), Senior Vice-Chairman (Twenty Five years standing) (all Pakistan basis – any discipline), Four (04) Vice-Chairmen (one from each Province – any discipline) (Twenty Five years standing) and Forty (40) Members Governing Body (Twenty years standing).
“Standing” means number of years after acquiring accredited engineering qualification.
- Nomination papers complete in all respects must reach the “Registrar, Pakistan Engineering Council, Ataturk Avenue (East), G-5/2, Islamabad” not later than 1700 hours on 5th July, 2021. Nomination Papers received after due date and time for whatsoever reason(s) will not be accepted.
- Allocation of Seats for various Engineering Disciplines (Groups) & Provinces, for Member Governing Body is as under:
|S No||Engineering Discipline||Punjab||Sindh||Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||Balochistan|
|1||Civil/Geological/Transportation/ Environmental/Urban/Geoinformatics/ 03
01 Ocean/Architectural Engg
|3||Electronics/Engg Sciences/Avionics Engg||1||3||1|
|7||Metallurgy/Materials/Agri/Mining/PetGas/ Food Engg||1||1|
Note: Any change in allocation of seats on the basis of registered members as on 30th June 2021, shall be notified accordingly.
Nomination Papers are available at PEC HQ, Islamabad, all Regional/Branch Offices and PEC website https://pec.org.pk/elections 2021.aspx. Before submitting Nomination Papers, each candidate, proposer and seconder must read PEC Byelaws-1976 (PART IV, Byelaw-23-32) and instructions to the candidates/proposer and seconder available at PEC website.
Schedule of Election (Term 2021-24)
|S.No||Description of Event||Timeline|
|1||Nominations to be received (by 1700 hrs, July 05, 2021)||June 27 – July 05, 2021|
|2||Scrutiny of Nomination Papers by Election Committee (July 12, 2021 at 1000 hrs)||July 12, 2021 (Monday)|
|3||Intimation of Acceptance/Rejection||July 13 – 15, 2021|
|4||Withdrawal of Nomination Papers (by 1700 hrs, July 16, 2021)||July 16, 2021 (Friday)|
|5||Appeal against Rejection of Nomination Papers (by 1700 hrs, July 16, 2021)||July 16, 2021 (Friday)|
|6||Decision on Appeals against Rejection of Nomination Papers (by 1700 hrs)||July 17, 2021 (Saturday)|
|7||Finalization and Dissemination of Candidates’ List||July 18, 2021 (Sunday)|
|8||Holding of Physical Balloting (0800 to 1700 hrs)||August 08, 2021 (Sunday)(Polling Day)|
|9||Counting of Votes (at each polling station)|
|10||Results Compilation||August 09 – 11, 2021|
|11||Results Declaration||August 12, 2021 (Thursday)|
|12||Withdrawal from more than one office(by 1700 hrs)||August 18, 2021 (Wednesday)|
|13||Final Notification||August 19, 2021 (Thursday)|
As per PEC Act and Byelaws, all Professional and Registered Engineers are hereby informed that Physical Balloting shall be held at the designated polling stations (list will be provided on PEC website).
All Voters must bring their original CNIC and PEC Registration Card on polling day. 8. For details regarding PEC Elections-2021, please visit PEC website: https://pec.org.pk/Elections 2021.aspx