Prime Minister Office Islamabad has issued the letter on 19 August, 2019 in the matter of Proposal to Increasing Retirement Age Federal Employees in Pakistan. The Prime Minister has been pleased to constitute a committee comprising of the following on the subject matter:
Federal Employees Retirement Age Proposals
- Advisor to Prime Minister on Institutional Reforms (Chair)
- The Secretary, Finance Division
- Secretary, Establishment Division
- The Secretary, Ministry of Defence
- Secretary, law & Justice Division
- Auditor General of Pakistan
- Joint Secretary, Finance Division (Secretary of the Committee)
The Terms of Reference of the Committee are as under:
Analysis of Federal Employees Retirement Age
a). To Examine the proposal of increasing the age of retirement from following aspects:
- Organizational Efficiency
- Economic – including impact, if any, on job creation prospects
b). To come up with a recommendations whether the proposal is feasible or not; and if so, propose the way forward for its implementation – how, when and scope (whether to implement across the board or selectively).
The Committee is to submit its recommendations for consideration of the Prime Minister in three weeks.