The Pakistan Telecommunication Authority has issued the latest announcement on 11th September in connection with PTA Complaints Against Fraud Impersonating BOL Game Show. Now, it depends on you, how you protect yourself against fraud.
- 1 How To Protect Yourself Against Fraud of BOL Game Show
How To Protect Yourself Against Fraud of BOL Game Show
Complaints have been received regarding scammers impersonating “BOL Game Show” or similar organizations/companies who call or send SMS/Whatsapp messages.
Please DO NOT respond to any such calls/ messages and do not share your personal or financial details.
- Report the suspected number to your service provider.
- Lodge a complaint with PTA at: https://complaint.pta.gov.pk/RegisterComplaint.aspx or through PTA CMS Mobile App. Please provide the following details:
- Scammer’s phone number
- The phone number on which you received the call or message
- Screen shot of received call/ message
- Date and time stamp of the fraudulent call/ message received
To Avoid Blocking of Mobile Number due to SPAM/ Bulk SMSs
- Every operator has anti-spam filters in order to control spam activity in their respective networks. SMS outgoing services will be blocked automatically in case of one of the following criteria:
If a subscriber exceed a frequency of sending more than 150 SMSs/15 minutes, 250 SMSs/1 hour and 750 SMSs in 24 hrs.
- As per procedure, maximum two times restoration is allowed (if not involved in marketing/ unsolicited communication) and on third time subscription will be suspended and restoration will be subject to submission of undertaking as per format provided by PTA.
To Report Unsolicited/ SPAM Through Short Code 9000
- A dedicated common short code 9000 is available to consumers for reporting spamming/marketing communication/ text messages for blocking of the same at respective operator’s end (after verification).
- Procedure to report: Send an SMS at short code 9000 and in body of the text/ message first write spammer number then after a space paste or write the content of the message you received from spammer.
To Block Promotional/ Marketing/ Unsolicited Communication
- Consumers have facility to register their number in Do Not Call Register (DNCR) by sending a message at short code 3627 with the text “reg”(for Jazz, Ufone & Zong subscribers) or dial *3627# (for Telenor subscribers). Once the subscriber is registered at DNCR then no promotional messages will be delivered to such subscriber.
- To allow telemarketing communication again, type “unreg” and SMS to 3627 while Telenor subscribers dial *3627#.
To Block Obnoxious & Fraudulent Communications – Short Code 420
- Subscribers who do not wish to receive any communication including obnoxious calls/SMSs from any particular number, may avail 420 short code (by dialing *420#/ 420) facility offered by all mobile operators for blocking such communication. The operator then restricts that number from calling/SMS to the complainant again.
- You can also block numbers on your own mobile set. Most mobile phones have an option to block any caller.
- For fraud message received on WhatsApp, report directly to WhatsApp.
PTA will BLOCK such number and mobile device IMEI
Repeat offense from the same person (using different numbers) will result in blocking of all SIMs issued on their CNIC and blacklisting of CNIC for issuance of new SIM/ connection in future.
Report all type of frauds at National Response Centre for Cyber Crime (NR3C)-FIA helpline: 1991 or 051-9106384 or visit www.nr3c.gov.pk.
Report financial/ mobile banking frauds at State Bank of Pakistan’s email: email@example.com.
|PTA Website||Apply Online|
|Latest Employees News||Home Page|