Provincial Assembly of the Punjab has issued the official amended Bill No 24 of 2019 in connection with the Punjab regularization of service (amendment) bill 2019.
It is necessary to amend the Punjab Regularization of Service Act 2018 (XV of 2018 to reduce the period of four years to three years to facilitate the regularization of contract employees and to broaden the scope of the Act to all the contract employees who have continuously been serving as such for a period of three years. Be it enacted by Provincial Assembly of the Punjab as follows:
1.Short title and commencement
(1) This Act may be cited as the Punjab Regularization of Service (Amendment) Act 2019.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Amendment in section 1 of the Act XV of 2018
In the Punjab Regularization of Service Act 2018 (XV of 2018), in section 1, for subsection (3), the following shall be substituted:
(3) It shall apply to all the persons employed on contract in a department, who have completed three years continuous service before or after the commencement of the Act.”
3. Amendment in section 3 of the Act XV of 2018
In the Act, in section 3, for subsection (2), the following shall be substituted:
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in the Act, the contract employees who have continuously been serving as such for a period not less than three years shall be eligible to be considered for appointment on regular basis if:
(a) a regular vacancy allocated for initial recruitment is available for regularization:
(b) he is qualified for the post:
(c) he has not been appointed on a special pay package,
(d) his performance during the period of contract has remained satisfactory, and
(e) he does not opt to continue as contract employee.”