The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Finance Department has issued the latest notification on 14th July 2022 in connection with revision of KPK basic pay scales chart 2022 for KP government employees.
The Governor, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has been pleased to sanction the revision of Basic Pay Scales & Allowances w.e.f. 1st July, 2022 for the Civil Servants of the Provincial Government, detailed in the following paragraphs.
Revised Basic Pay Scales 2022-23 KPK
The Basic Pay Scales – 2022 shall replace the Basic Pay Scales – 2017 with effect from 01-07-2022 as contained in the Annexure-l to this circular letter.
Fixation of Pay of the Existing Employees:
- Fixation of Pay of the Existing Employees The basic pay of an employee who was in service on 30-06-2022 shall be fixed in the Basic Pay Scale – 2022 on point to point basis i.e at the stage corresponding to that occupied by him/her above the minimum of Basic Pay Scales – 2017;
- In case of Personal Pay being drawn by an employee as part of his / her basic pay beyond the maximum of his/her pay scale on 30-06-2022, he / she shall continue to draw such pay in the Basic Pay Scales-2022 at the revised rates.
Fixation of Pay on promotion:
In cases of promotion from a lower to higher posts / scale before introduction of these scales, the pay of the employees concerned in the revised pay scale may be fixed and so enhanced that it would not be less than the pay that would have been admissible to him if his promotion to the higher post / scale had taken place after the introduction of these scales.
KPK Annual increment:
Annual increment shall continue to be admissible, subject to the existing conditions, on 1st of December each year.
KPK Adhoc Allowances:
Upon introduction of BPS-2022 the following Adhoc Relief Allowances granted wef. 01-07-2016, 01-07-2017, 01-07-2018, 01-07-2019 and 01-07-2021 shall cease to exist with effect from 01-07-2022:
|S.No||Name of Ad-hoc Relief Allowance||Admissible Rates|
|i||Adhoc Relief Allowance-2016 (01-07-2016)||10% of the basic pay on BPS-2016|
|ii||Ad-hoc Relief Allowance-2017 (01-07-2017)||10% of the basic pay on BPS-2017|
|iii||Ad-hoc Relief Allowance-2018 (01-07-2018)||0% of the basic pay on BPS-2017|
|iv||Ad-hoc Relief Allowance-2019 (01-07-2019)||10% of the basic pay on BPS-2017 (BPS 1-16) and 5% of the basic pay on BPS 2017 (BPS 17-20).|
|v||Ad-hoc Relief Allowance-2021 (01-07-2021)||10% of the basic pay on BPS-2017|
Adhoc Relief Allowance-2022 KPK
- An Adhoc Relief Allowance 2022 @ 15% of the running basic pay of Basic Pay Scales – 2017 shall be allowed to the civil servants of the Provincial Government including contingent paid staff and contract employees employed against civil posts in Basic Pay Scales on standard terms and conditions of contract appointment w.e.f 07-07-2022 and shall stand frozen at the same level till further orders;
- All the new entrants shall be allowed Adhoc Relief Allowance 2022 at the rate of 15% of the minimum of the relevant basic pay of BPS2017 on notional basis with effect from 01-07-2022 till further orders and shall stand frozen at the same level.
- The Ad-hoc Relief Allowance will be subject to Income Tax.
- The Ad-hoc Relief Allowance will be admissible during leave and entire period of LPR except during extra ordinary leave.
- The Ad-hoc Relief Allowance will not be treated as part of emoluments for the purpose of calculation of Pension/Gratuity and recovery of House Rent
- The Ad-hoc Relief Allowance will not be admissible to the employees during the tenure of their posting / deputation abroad
- The Ad-hoc Relief Allowance will be admissible to the employees on their repatriation from posting/deputation abroad at the rate and amount which would have been admissible to them, had they not been posted abroad.
- The Ad-hoc Relief Allowance will be admissible during the period of suspension
- The term “Basic Pay will also include the amount of Personal Pay granted on account of annual increment(s) beyond the maximum of the existing pay scales.
Special Pay and Allowances:
All the Special Pays, Special Allowances or the Allowances admissible as percentage of pay equal to or more than one month basic pay including Executive Performance Allowance granted to the Provincial Government’s employees irrespective of his / her posting in all Administrative Departments/Attached Departments / Autonomous Bodies/Offices etc, including civil employees in BPS-1-22 of Judiciary shall stand frozen at the level of its admissibility as on 30.06.2022.
- The Department Office to which an employee belongs and/or whose payroll he/she is borne shall obtain an option in writing from such employees within 30 days commencing from the date of issuance of this circular and communicate it to the concerned Accounts Office/DDO, as the case may be, either to continue to draw salary in the Scheme of Basic Pay Scales-2017 or in the Scheme of Basic Pay Scale-2022 as specified in this circular Option once exercised shall be considered as final;
- An existing employee, as aforesaid, who does not exercise and communicate his/her option within the specified time limit, shall be deemed to have opted for the Scheme of Basic Pay Scales-2022.
All the existing rules/orders on the subject shall be considered to have been modified to the extent indicated above. All the existing rules/orders, not so modified, shall continue to be in force under this scheme.
KPK Basic Pay Scales of the Civil Servants
|Basic Pay Scales-2017||Stages||Basic Pay Scales-2022|
Anomalies, if any, arising in the implementation of the Basic Pay Scales – 2022, shall be referred to Grievance Redressal Committee constituted in Finance Department Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (Regulation Wing).
|KP Finance Website||Check Online|
|Latest Employees News||Home Page|