The Punjab Government has issued the official notification on 15th July 2022 in connection with Safety For Children & Teachers in Rain Flood Prone Schools.
In context of recent spell of torrential rains, advisory of heavy rains has been issued by the PDMA and it has been shown concern over expected flash floods and Glacier Lake Out Burst Floods (GLOF) with the onset of the monsoon season.
Schools, Students and Teachers Safety During Rain
I am directed to request you to take/observe following measures strictly in schools existing in rain/expected flood prone areas of Punjab: –
- Safety of buildings & children of all public & private schools be ensured.
- Ponding of rain-water be checked in and around school premises.
- All non-teaching staff/Class-IV employees be called regularly in schools immediately to make schools safe, secure for children, staff and community.
- Depute Class-IV employees for safety of Schools. The buildings be swept/cleaned to ensure that no rain water could stay over roofs.
- Damage, if any (public school buildings only) has occurred due to rains be roughly estimated and communicated to the School Education Department.
- AEOs be sent in all schools situated in expected flooded areas to ensure the pre flood arrangements.
- Ensure electricity wires safety measures in all public & private schools.
- Ensure the installed solar panels cleanliness through AEOs and School Councils.
- Partially cutting of trees where electric wires passing in private & public schools be ensured.
- Ensure the Safety of school’s furniture especially wood furniture.
- Ensure the availability of books and learning materials.
- Prepare the list of expected flood prone area schools in concentration with the PDMA district offices where maps are available highlighted the area where probability of flash floods marked.
- Contingency plans/pre-flooded arrangements for Monsoon 2022 be ensured.
- School Councils member and community be involved in the mitigation and rehabilitation activities in schools.
- In case of flood, in any School, classes should not be stopped and alternate arrangements should be made to continue the classes to avoid from the learning losses of students (applicable after opening of schools).
- In those Schools where flood relief camps are to be established, classes, must be continue in remaining portion of the school.
- Children and school support staff should not be allowed to use the dangerous class rooms/buildings after the opening of schools.
- Get report with certificates for pre-flooded arrangements from all heads of schools and accordingly CEO’s, DEAs furnish the certificates with his/her own signatures of all the aforementioned activities have been ensured by the schools /districts till 20.07.2022 to School Education Department.
|Employees News Portal||Click Here|