The Government of Pakistan has decided to deduct two days salary of Government employees for the help of Flood Relief in Pakistan. The Office Memorandum has been issued by the Finance Division regarding deduction of 02 days salary of Federal Government employees for Prime Minister Flood Relief Fund 2023. The Government has given the option to show your willing about the salary deduction. You can submit a written application to AGPR or Account Section within 15 days.
The undersigned is directed to state that the flood caused by monsoon rains since mid-June 2023 have caused significant human and livestock casualties as well as wide spread damage to private homes and public infrastructure. Damage to infrastructure has worsened the humanitarian situation. For collective national effort to meet the challenge of providing relief and rehabilitation to the affected population, Finance Division created a Fund “PRIME MINISTER’S FLOOD RELIEF FUND 2023“.
Salary Deduction of Govt Employees For Flood Relief Fund 2023
It further proposed deduction of salary (Gross Pay & Allowances before any deductions) from government employees for approval of the Federal Cabinet. The Cabinet considered the proposal and approved the deduction as under:
- Two days salary of the Officers/Official working in the Ministries Divisions / Departments / Authorities / Corporations / Companies 7 Financial Institutions / Commission etc working under the Federal Government.
- Two days salary of the Officers/Officials of Civil Armed /Civilian Officers and Official paid out of Defence Estimates.
- Two days salary of the Officers/Officials holding post on contract as well as lump sum pay package including ‘M’ Scale and ‘MP’ and SPPS Scales and Officers/Officials locally recruited in our Foreign Missions.
Further, Ministries/Divisions are instructed to approach State run Organizations under them, such as Banks, Financial Institutions, Regulatory Authorities, Telecom Companies, Insurance Companies and other similar Organizations for contributions.
Since the earned salary of government employees is private property, therefore, the above mentioned deduction would be optional/voluntary in nature and anyone not willing to contribute may inform within 15 days from the date of circular to AGPR, Islamabad/respective pre-audit.
The amount of contribution shall not be included in the emoluments of the officers/officials concerned for calculation of income tax and deduction of the recovery of the House Rent Charges.
All proceeds received in the name of the Fund will be credited to the public accounts of the Federal Government under following head of account:
G12 – Special Deposit Funds
G121 – Relief Fund
G12164 – Prime Minister’s Flood Relief / Fund 2022
It is requested that the above decisions may kindly be implemented in letter and spirit under intimation to this Division as well as Cabinet Division.
Deduction of Salary From KPK Govt Employees For Flood Relief 2023
The Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) has issue the latest notification on 15th September 2022 in connection with deduction of salary to the flood affectees of KPK Govt Employees.
I am directed to refer to the subject noted above and convey the approval of Chief Minister, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa for deduction from the monthly salaries (excluding the amount of arrears, if any) at source for the month of September, 2022 of the following at the rates mentioned against each for contribution to the Chief Minister’s Flood Relief Fund, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa under the head G Liabilities G-12 Special Deposit Funds G-121 Relief Funds G-12138.
|Category||Rate of deduction|
|Chief Minister, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Speaker, Deputy Speaker, Provincial Ministers, Advisors, Special Assistants, Parliamentary Secretaries and Members of Provincial Assembly||One month’s Net salary|
|BPS-17 to 22||05 days’ Net salary|
|BPS-03 to 16||02 days’ Net salary|
- The above deductions will be made at source and will be shown separately in the pay bills / computerized pay slips for the month of September 2022. In case where these deductions cannot be made at source through the pay bills/computerized pay slips for the month of September 2022, the amounts will be deducted at source and will be shown separately in the pay bill/computerized pay slips for the month of October 2022.
- In case of employees whether posted or temporary deputation abroad, it will be permissible for the above deductions to be made from such portion of salary as may be payable in Pak. Rupees.
- The above deductions will not be made from the leave salaries of the employees on leave preparatory to retirement.
- The orders shall apply to all employees of the Provincial Government including Consultants, Contract Employees and Employees of Projects.
|Finance Website||Check Online|
|Latest Employees News||Home Page|