The Punjab Government, School Education Department has issued the official notification on 13th January 2022 in connection with observance of Sanctity of Islamic Literature and Holy Quran in Schools.
Observance of Sanctity of Islamic Literature and Holy Quran in Schools
Reference attached application from Mr. Muhammad Qasim R/o. Lahore, forwarded by the office of Chief Secretary Punjab.
As we all know that the immense respect is attached with the Holy Quran and Islamic literature, which demands to be treated with utmost care, ensuring its sanctity by all. Being the matter of moral and religious obligation, you are, therefore, requested to pass on necessary instructions to all heads of schools (public/private) to ensure as under:
- Islamic literature must be kept at secure and appropriate place.
- It must be considered as the most sacred material / content.
- A torn-out copy of the Quran/Islamic literature, with broken binding or missing pages, should not be disposed of as ordinary household trash, boxes be used for torn-out copies. Preferably, such sacred pages be deposited / collected at one school on Tehsil/District level for its further disposal etc (guidelines in urdu attached).
- AEOs must ensure the fixing of boxes etc during visits.
- Awareness should be given to students during class lectures / assembly mornings.
- Instructions in Urdu language regarding safety measures be displayed at prominent place in schools for awareness of students.
- Torn out pages should safely be handed over to the Punjab Quran Board/Auqaf Department (042-99204863, 0300-4516105).
- It must not be burnt or flush out in drain.
- Head teachers on daily basis will ensure that there is neither such Islamic literature lying scattered nor mixed in the garbage.
- You are requested to ensure 100% implementation of the same, failing which action will be taken against the responsible authority.
|Official Website||Check Online|
|Latest Employees News||Home Page|