Programme Monitoring & Implementation Unit, Punjab Education Sector Reform Programme (PMIU-PESRP) Lahore has issued the official notification on 21st September 2021 to all the Chief Executive Officers, District Education Authority, and District Education Officers (Secondary); Attock, Bahawalnagar, Bahawalpur, Bhakkar, Chakwal, Chiniot, Faisalabad, Gujranwala, Gujrat., Hafizabad, Jhang, Jhelum, Kasur, Khanewal, Khushab, Lahore, Layyah, Lodhran, Mandi Baha Uddin, Multan, Muzaffargarh, Nankana Sahib, Narowal, Okara, Pakpattan, Rahim yar Khan, Rajanpur, Rawalpindi, Sahiwal, Sargodha, Sheikhupura, Sialkot, T.T.Singh and Vehari in connection with allocation of NSB Funds for primary, elementary, high and higher Secondary Schools in 34 Districts for 1st Quarter FY 2021-22.
Latest Notification of NSB Funds For Govt Schools Punjab 2021-22
Finance Department vide its letter No. SO (S) 8-16/2020 (Vol-II) dated 17th September 2021 has sanctioned to place NSB funds amounting to Rs. 3.5555 billion for 1st quarter of FY 2021-22 in the Assan Assignment Account (LC) of Chief Executive Officer, District Education Authority (DEA) in all 36 districts of Punjab for further disbursement to primary, elementary, high and higher secondary schools. List of School-Specific NSB entitlements for Primary, Elementary, High and Higher Secondary schools in your respective districts has already been emailed.
For further allocation and transfer of funds by districts to schools and execution of NSB funds by schools following guidelines are issued:
- District Education Authorities are being provided with the school-specific need based NSB funds over and above their PFC share, as a conditional grant, which cannot be used for any other purpose.
- The CEOs of DEAs are required to transfer the NSB funds immediately to the respective bank accounts of school councils as per their entitlements.
- Chief Executive Officers, District Education Authorities are required to ensure that every School Council already has exclusive bank account for NSB funds. Head teacher and Co-chairperson of the school council will be the co-signatories of the NSB bank account. The school council NSB account can only be opened in the name of school.
- District Education Authorities are requested to notify the entitlement list of Primary/Elementary/High/Higher Secondary schools as an Annexure of their respective district budget for FY 2021-22.
- All NSB funds provided to schools shall be subject to audit by Auditor General of Pakistan.
NSB program is an important initiative of the Government of Punjab, CEOs (DEAs) are requested to immediately disburse NSB funds to respective schools and certificate of transfer of NSB funds should be submitted to PMIU-PESRP within two weeks. CEOs (DEA) are also advised to direct concerned Dy. DEOs and AEOs to ensure effective and efficient monitoring and utilization of these funds.
|PMIU PESRP Website||Click Here|
|Latest Employees News||Home Page|