The Government of Punjab, Finance Department has issued the official notification on 15th March 2022 in connection with Grant of Special Allowance to the employees of the Punjab Govt BPS-01 to BPS-19 who are not receiving any cadre / service specific allowance.
Special Allowance For Punjab Govt Employees
The case has been examined. It is hereby clarified under Serial No. A(1)(h) titled “Finance Department” Second Schedule under Rule 3(3) of the Punjab Government Rules of Business 2011, that Special Allowance-2021 @ 25% of initial pay of Basic Pay Scale 2017 is not admissible to those Civil Servants of Government of the Punjab in BS-1 to BS-19 who are drawing any of the following allowances that are equal to or more than 25% of initial of the Basic Pay Scales, 2017;
- Supervisory Allowance drawn by the Lady Health Supervisors (LHS/BS-07) of Primary & Secondary Health Department @ Rs.5000/- Per Month.
- Research Allowance drawn by the Officers of Research Wing of Agriculture Department
25% of initial of the Basic Pay of pay scale, 2017.
- Inspection Allowance drawn by the Assistant Education Officers, School Education Department @ Rs. 25,000/- Per Month.
- Fixed TADA and Stationary Allowance sanctioned to officers / officials of Board of Revenue;
- Tehsildar (BS-16) @ Rs.14,000/- (20 dailies)
- N.Tehsildar (BS-14) @ Rs.10,500/-(15 dailies)
- Qanungo (BS-11) @ Rs.7.020/- (18 dailies) and
- Patwari (BS-09) @ Rs.6,240/- (16 dailies) & Rs.1,000/- stationary allowance
- Audit and Accounts Allowance 20% of basic pay drawn by the officers / officials of Audit Department of Federal Govt. posted in Provincial Government at Divisional Accounts Offices of Public Work.
However, the employees of Government of the Punjab in BS-1 to BS-19 who are drawing following allowances are entitled to Special Allowance-2021:
- Health Risk Allowance drawn by the Class-IV employees of Health Department @ Rs. 1500/- per month
- Reform Allowance drawn by the employees of Health Department (other than Doctors).
- Reform Allowance drawn by the employees of Health Department @ 30% of initial of the Basic Pay Scales 2008.
- Overtime Allowance drawn by the Senior Instructors of TEVTA
- The bereaved family is entitled to draw Special Allowance a 25% against OSD posts subject to the condition that the deceased Officer(s) / Official(s) was drawing it at the time of his/her death.
- Instructional Allowance drawn by the employees of Vocational Training Institutes TEVTA 20% of Basic Pay maximum Rs. 3,000/- per month (upto BS-16) &Rs. 5,000 per month for BS-17 and above, vil.
- Instructional Allowance drawn by the employees of Agriculture Department Basic Pay subject to a maximum of Rs. 5,000/-per month to Instructors imparting in Service 20% of Training to the officers in BS-17 & above and Rs.3,000/-per month to Instructors imparting training to the employees upto BS-16.
- Health Sector Reforms Allowance (HSRA) drawn by non-gazetted employees other than Doctors of Health Department @ 30% of initial Basic Pay Scales 2008.
- Hard Area / Special Area Allowance @ Rs.3000/- per month drawn by Lecturer Professor / Assistant Professor of Higher Education Department.
- Fixed TA/DA @ 2,000/- per month for Excise & Taxation Head Constable / Constable and Rs.3.000/- per month for Excise & Taxation Inspector w.e.f. 01.07.2018
- Fixed TA/DA drawn by the employees of Livestock Department, Veterinary Assistant, Poultry Supervisor, Stock Recorder (SR) and Artificial Insemination Technician (AIT Rs. 2,000/- per month.
- Fixed TA drawn by the Sub-Engineers of Irrigation Department @ Rs.3000/- per month.
- Computer Allowance drawn by Computer Operators@ Rs.1,500/- per month possessing BCS qualification and Monitoring Office PHED@ Rs.1,500/- & 750/- per month
In case of any ambiguity regarding admissibility of Special Allowance-2021 vis-à-vis some other allowance(s), the concerned District Accounts Officer may refer the case to Finance Department through Chief Inspector of Treasuries & Accounts on case to case basis for further clarification/guidance.
It is also requested to issue directions to all District Accounts Officers under intimation to Finance Department and Accountant General Punjab to ensure recovery of the wrongly paid amount of the said allowance from the employees in BS-1 to BS-19.were already drawing cadre/service specific allowance(s) as detailed at para-2 above.
|Official Website||Check Online|
|Employees News Portal||Click Here|