The Higher Education commission (HEC) is conducting a Special Equivalence Examination (SEE-Law) 2020-21 for Law Graduates of Foreign Universities as per directions of the Hon’ble Supreme Court vide its Order dated March 6, 2018 and Judgment dated August 31, 2018 passed in CP.134/2012 “Pakistan Bar Council vs Federation arid others” and as required under the Pakistan Bar Council (PBC) Legal Education Rules, 2015.
The law graduates of foreign universities/institutions, recognized by the HEC/PBC, are required to pass the Special Equivalence Examination before appearing in Law Graduate Assessment Test (LAW-GAT) which is mandatory to apply to the Bar Council for enrollment as an Advocate.
Online applications are invited from desirous law graduates who have obtained their law degrees from HEC/PBC recognized foreign universities/institutions.
Special Equivalence Examination (SEE-Law) 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Persons having passed Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a foreign university / institution recognized by HEC/PBC are eligible to apply.
Curriculum of Special Equivalence Examination (SEE-Law)
Special Equivalence Examination (SEE-Law) will be held in the following five subjects:
- Constitution of Pakistan
- Civil Procedure Code
- Criminal Procedure Code
- Specific Relief Act
- The test will be of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) type.
Date of Examination
- Date of test will be announced on HEC websites: www.hec.gov.pk and http://etc.hec.gov.pk
- Applicants Who registered through HEC online registration process will download their Roll Number Slips through http://etc.hec.gov.pk a week before the examination date.
- Email/SMS will be sent to registered applicants for examination date, time and venue. Candidates are required to provide valid email/mobile number while filling online application form.
- A print of Roll Number Slip and original CNIC will be required to enter in Examination Centre on Test Day.
LAT & SEE Law Exams 2022 Date: LAT & SEE Law Exams to be held on August 21, 2022. Candidates of the examinations of Law Admission Test (LAT) and Special Equivalence Examination (SEE Law) are informed that the test has been rescheduled for August 21, 2022 instead of the earlier intimated date of August 7, 2022 due to the Aashura holidays. Registration Portal, http://etc.hec.gov.pk will remain open until midnight of August 5, 2022 in order to facilitate further registrations.
Detail of Examination Centres
- The test will be conducted in the Federal and provincial capitals.
- Applicants may select any examination Centre from the list available in the application form.
- Test Centre once selected will not be changed.
How To Register For SEE LAW Test 2022
- Please visit the following link: http://etc.hec.gov.pk for online registration.
- In case of any difficulty during online registration, please visit online help.hec.gov.pk OR visit HEC head office or contact HEC regional offices for guidance.
- Only SUBMITTED applications will be considered for SEE-Law Test
- Test fee of Rs.5000/- is to be deposited online/ ATM in the Account No. 17427900133401, Account Title; Higher Education Commission, Bank: Habib Bank Limited, Branch Code:0112
- Applicants are required to submit original fee deposit slip through courier to Room No- 13-209, 2nd Floor, HRD Building, HEC,H-8 Islamabad on or before the last date of registration.
- Please mention your CNIC number at the back of the deposit slip.
- The test fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Deadline for Online Registration
- Last date for online registration is 27th December, 2022 (Monday)
- 50% score is required to qualify the Special Equivalence Examination (SEE-Law) 2022.
- Applicants will have to meet other criteria, if any, as per Rules and Regulations of the Pakistan Bar Council.
- Applicants will have maximum of three chances to clear the Exam, HEC will conduct the Examination twice in a year, first in June and second in December.
|ETC HEC Website||Apply Online|
|Latest Employees News||Home Page|