The Higher Education commission (HEC) is conducting a Special Equivalence Examination (SEE-Law) 2020-21 for Law Graduates of Foreign Universities as per directions of the Hon’ble Supreme Court vide its Order dated March 6, 2018 and Judgment dated August 31, 2018 passed in CP.134/2012 “Pakistan Bar Council vs Federation arid others” and as required under the Pakistan Bar Council (PBC) Legal Education Rules, 2015.
The law graduates of foreign universities/institutions, recognized by the HEC/PBC, are required to pass the Special Equivalence Examination before appearing in Law Graduate Assessment Test (LAW-GAT) which is mandatory to apply to the Bar Council for enrollment as an Advocate.
Online applications are invited from desirous law graduates who have obtained their law degrees from HEC/PBC recognized foreign universities/institutions.
Special Equivalence Examination (SEE-Law) 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Persons having passed Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a foreign university / institution recognized by HEC/PBC are eligible to apply.
Curriculum of Special Equivalence Examination (SEE-Law)
Special Equivalence Examination (SEE-Law) will be held in the following five subjects:
- Constitution of Pakistan
- Civil Procedure Code
- Criminal Procedure Code
- Specific Relief Act
- The test will be of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) type.
Date of Examination
- Date of test will be announced on HEC websites: www.hec.gov.pk and http://etc.hec.gov.pk
- Applicants Who registered through HEC online registration process will download their Roll Number Slips through http://etc.hec.gov.pk a week before the examination date.
- Email/SMS will be sent to registered applicants for examination date, time and venue. Candidates are required to provide valid email/mobile number while filling online application form.
- A print of Roll Number Slip and original CNIC will be required to enter in Examination Centre on Test Day.
Detail of Examination Centres
- The test will be conducted in the Federal and provincial capitals.
- Applicants may select any examination Centre from the list available in the application form.
- Test Centre once selected will not be changed.
How To Register For SEE LAW Test 2022
- Please visit the following link: http://etc.hec.gov.pk for online registration.
- In case of any difficulty during online registration, please visit online help.hec.gov.pk OR visit HEC head office or contact HEC regional offices for guidance.
- Only SUBMITTED applications will be considered for SEE-Law Test
- Test fee of Rs.5000/- is to be deposited online/ ATM in the Account No. 17427900133401, Account Title; Higher Education Commission, Bank: Habib Bank Limited, Branch Code:0112
- Applicants are required to submit original fee deposit slip through courier to Room No- 13-209, 2nd Floor, HRD Building, HEC,H-8 Islamabad on or before the last date of registration.
- Please mention your CNIC number at the back of the deposit slip.
- The test fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Deadline for Online Registration
- Last date for online registration is 27th December, 2022 (Monday)
- 50% score is required to qualify the Special Equivalence Examination (SEE-Law) 2022.
- Applicants will have to meet other criteria, if any, as per Rules and Regulations of the Pakistan Bar Council.
- Applicants will have maximum of three chances to clear the Exam, HEC will conduct the Examination twice in a year, first in June and second in December.
|ETC HEC Website||Apply Online|
|Latest Employees News||Home Page|