Government of the Punjab, Home Department has issued the official Notification letter on 17th June, 2020 in connection with special magisterial powers of commissioners in Punjab 2020.
NO.SO(JUDL-II)2-11/2020: In exercise of the powers conferred under Section 14-A of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1898, Competent Authority is pleased to confer the magisterial powers of Special Magistrate (1st Class) to the following officers. by designation, with immediate effect, for the purpose of carrying out raids, conducting trials of offences end other ancillary matters relating to price control/ hoarding prevention, forests, mines and minerals, food adulteration, food safety, encroachments on public lands and lands owned by the Government, canal and drainage, dangerous driving and violation of route permits, safety and design of buildings, land use and municipal services under any Provincial/Federal Law in vogue:
- All Deputy Commissioners in the Punjab Province
- All Additional Deputy Commissioners (General)
- All Additional Deputy Commissioners (Revenue)
- All Additional Deputy Commissioners (F&P)
- All Additional Deputy Commissioners (HQ) at Divisional headquarters
- All Assistant Commissioners in the Punjab Province