The summary of Special Allowance 2021 for the Employees of Punjab Govt employees for BPS-01 to BPS-19 has been approved by various authorities on 31-05-2021. The further detail of said summary in detail is as under;
- Employees of Punjab Govt BPS-01 to BPS-19 will get this 25% Special Allowance
- This allowance will applicable w.e.f 1st June 2021
- This 25% allowance will be admissible on the initial of the Revised Pay Scales 2017.
Details of Summary of 25% Special Allowance 2021 Punjab
Federal Government issued notification for reduction of disparities in the pay of its employees in different Ministries, Attached Departments, and other organizations, under the title of Grant of Disparity Reduction Allowance (Annex-A). Moreover, the Federal Government recommended to the Provincial Government to consider adopting the proposed disparity allowance for their employees from the province’s own resources.
PREVIOUS HISTORY OF SPECIAL ALLOWANCE
- After issuance of the above-mentioned notification, employees of various Provincial Departments started demanding the subject allowance on the analogy of said notification of the Federal Government. Accordingly, the Finance Department moved a Note for Principal Secretary to Chief Minister who conveyed that Chief Minister who conveyed that Chief Minister has desired that the instant matter may be placed before the Provincial Cabinet, for its consideration/approval (Annex-B).
- Subsequently, in pursuance of the directions of the competent Authority, I&C Wing, S&GAD notified a Ministerial Committee to furnish its recommendations to the Provincial cabinet to address the issue in a fiscally sustainable manner (Annex-C).
The Ministerial Committee for Disparity Reduction Allowance held various meetings under the Chairmanship of Finance Minister / Convener of the Committee and constituted a Sub-Committee (Annex-D) to deliberate upon the various possibilities of increase in allowances with reference to reducing the disparity among various employees of the government in consultation with the representation of different Unions of employees and to submit its report to the Ministerial Committee.
The Ministerial Committee submitted various options in this regards to the Chief Minister, Punjab on 20.05.2021, who finally approved to grant a Special Allowance, 2021 @ 25% of Initial Basic PayScale, 2017 with effect from June 1st, 2021 for the employees in BS-1 to BS-19 who are drawing no additional allowance except usual pay and allowances vis-à-vis House Rent Allowance, Conveyance Allowance, Medical Allowance and Adhoc Relief Allowance, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 with the financial implication of Rs.2.460 Billion per month (Annex-E).
The Chief Minister has been pleased that the instant matter may be placed before the Provincial Cabinet for its consideration and approval (Annex-F). 07. Proposal in para 5/ante is placed before the Provincial Cabinet for its consideration and approval.