The Government of Pakistan, Finance Division (Regulations Wing) issued the official notification on 28th May 2022 in connection with the policy for grant of time scale to civil servants to BPS-01 to BPS-16 of All Civil Servants of the Federal Government.
The undersigned is directed to convey that the Prime Minister has been pleased to accord approval to the grant of higher time scale to BPS-1 to BPS-16 to all Civil Servants of the Federal Government thrice during the entire service as per the following pattern:
- First Time Scale On completion of 10 years’ service in the current substantive pay scale
- Second Time Scale On completion of 8 years’ service after the grant of first-time scale or last promotion
- Third Time Scale On completion of 8 years’ service after the grant of and time scale or last promotion
Time Scale Promotion Policy 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Time Scale will be admissible subject to the following conditions:
- Completion of the prescribed length of service.
- Each Ministry/Division/Department will constitute and notify a Time Scale Committee (TSC) on the pattern of the Departmental Promotion Committee.
- Time Scale will be granted on the recommendation of the relevant Time Scale Committee.
- Performance Evaluation Reports, detail of Disciplinary Action (if any), and completion of the requisite length of service will be the eligibility criteria for evaluation by the TSC.
- Time Scale shall not be granted w.e.f from the date of completion of the requisite length of service; rather, completion of the length of service will make the employee eligible for consideration by the relevant TSC. Time Scale shall always be granted with immediate effect, on the recommendation of relevant TSC, and after the approval of appointing authority at High Time Scale.
- Grant of Time Scale shall not be considered as promotion within the meaning of Section-9 of the Civil Servants Act, 1971
- The substantive pay scale of time scale beneficiary shall be the original scale possessed by a civil servant regularly through initial appointment or promotion.
- On award of Time Scale, the day of a civil servant shall be fixed in higher time Scale without grant of pre-mature increment.
- A civil servant awarded Time Scale between 1st June to 30th November of the calendar year can opt for re-fixation of pay presumptively w.e.f. 14 December of that calendar year with a view to avail benefit of usual benefits annual increment of the year.
- On award of time scale, the civil servant will be entitled to pay & allowances sanctioned for that higher time scale.
- Service rendered on a time scale will be counted for the substantive pay scale of the incumbent.
- Time Scale will not be granted from the back date, i.e., it will not be effective before the date of TSC’s meeting.
- Time Scale will be admissible thrice in the whole service. On each eve of promotion, one chance of the Time Scale will be considered lapsed.
- If a civil servant is promoted before the grant of time scale, then the requisite length of service will be counted with effect from the date of actualization of that promotion.
- A civil servant who is already availing the benefit of Time Scale Policy or move up/placement to higher grades like in case of a civil servant in BPS-1 to BPS4, Drivers/Dispatch Riders, Superintendent and health personnel, they have to give irrevocable option whether they want to continue with old time scale/move-up/placement or new time scale policy.
- Each Ministry/Division/Department may ensure to seek an irrevocable option within one month of issuance of this Policy.
- Extra Ordinary leave will not be counted for the length of service for the grant of Time Scale.
- As a one-time special dispensation, the requisite length of service for grant of the first time scale will be counted from the current BPS held by the incumbent (either substantive or otherwise).
|Official Website||Check Online|
|Latest Employees News||Home Page|