Türkey Scholarship 2020 is a government-funded, competitive scholarship program, awarded to outstanding students and researchers to pursue full-time or short-term program at the top universities in Turkey. Türkiye Scholarships aims to build a network of future leaders committed to strengthening cooperation among countries and mutual understanding among societies.
International students from all over the world can apply for the Türkiye Scholarships 2020. Turkish Government Scholarships are available for Undergraduate, Masters, and Doctoral degree programs. Almost all fields of education are offered.
The Turkish Scholarship 2020 is a fully-funded scholarship for international students. Just like other top scholarships in the world, Turkey Scholarship Program also covers all the expenses of the selected students.
Türkey Scholarships is a scholarship program that not only provides financial support but also ensures university placement for students in their intended program of application. Türkiye Scholarships is a government-funded, competitive scholarship program, awarded to outstanding students to pursue a full-time or short-term programs at the top universities in Turkey.
The scholarship program offers programs at the 50 top and most prestigious universities in Turkey and provides a compulsory one-year Turkish Language Course which ensures that all students acclimatize and adapt to the social and cultural environment they live in. Türkiye Scholarships aims to build a network of future leaders committed to strengthening cooperation among countries and mutual understanding among societies.
Minimum Academic Criteria:
- Minimum academic achievement for Bachelor’s degree applicants: 70%
- Minimum academic achievement for Master’s and Doctorate degree applicants: 75%
- Minimum academic achievement for Health Science (Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy) applicants: 90%
- To be under the age of 21 for Undergraduate programs
- To be under the age of 30 for Master’s programs
- To be under the age of 35 for Doctorate programs
How To Apply
- Applications can only be made individually through www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr by the candidates.
- There are no institutions or persons authorized to apply for Türkey Scholarship.
- Candidates are strongly advised to carefully read the instructions and warnings in the application system.
- Applicants are required to submit and upload the necessary documents to the application system.
- Applications delivered by post, courier, or by hand will not be accepted.
- Applications are free of charge.
- Please do not entertain any third party institutions or persons who offer to make an application on behalf of you in exchange for a fee.
- Türkiye Scholarships include both scholarship and university placement at the same time.
- Applicants will be placed in a university and program among their 12 preferences which they choose in the application system
Benefits of Scholarship
Turkey Scholarship program also provides a whole range of benefits to its students. Some of the best advantages of the program are listed below:
One of the best things about Turkey Scholarships is that it handles student accommodations in the best way. All the students are accommodated in the university dormitories, the students can live free of charge. However, if the students do not want to live in these dormitories, they can easily move to a location of their liking, although in this case, the student must pay for his own accommodation.
No tuition fees:
Students are encouraged to study at their full potential and there is no responsibility on their shoulders. The students do not have to pay for any tuition fees, the education is completely free and this is something that cannot be taken for granted.
The health expenses of all the students are covered by public health insurance. Healthcare is a pretty big issue around the world especially if you are a foreigner. Luckily, this is not the case if you are a scholarship student in Turkey. Even if you get sick all the expenses will be covered by public health insurance and you do not have to pay a single penny.
The Turkey Scholarships program even pays for the travel expenses of the students. Two tickets will be provided to the student during their studies, one will be for their arrival and the other one will be for their departure after the students have completed their studies. However, if the students decide to purchase their tickets on their own, then the amount will be returned to the students later on.
- All candidates must submit the following documents during online application:
- A valid National Identification Document OR a valid Passport
- A recent Photo of the candidate (Please note that the photo you upload into the Application system must be a proper portrait of yourself, candidate photos which are not identifiable will undermine the evaluation of your application)
- National exam scores (required for candidates who do not possess any international qualification or certification)
- Diploma or temporary certificate of Graduation
- Academic transcripts (online screenshots and uncertified transcripts will undermine the evaluation of your application)
- International exam scores (GRE, GMAT, DELF, YDS, YÖS …etc. if required by the chosen university & program)
- Language test scores (if required by the chosen university & program)
- A research proposal and an example of your written work (for PhD applicants only)