Undergraduate Scholarships for the students of Gilgit Baltistan 2022 Universities/Institutes has been officially announced by the Education Directorate GB. All of these students who are studying in MBBS, BDS, DVM, Agriculture, and Engineering programs may apply for the Scholarship for Professional Colleges Phase-II project.
Applications are invited from outstanding students from Gilgit-Baltistan who intend to pursue undergraduate studies (four/five years BS programmes) from HEC-recognised public sector universities/degree awarding institutions (DAIs). The scholarships are being offered for the academic year 2022-23 in all areas of study/disciplines under the project titled, “Undergraduate Scholarship Programme for the Students of Gilgit-Baltistan in Top Pakistani Universities/Institutions (Batch-II).
The scholarships opportunities are limited but on merit basis. The applicants can submit application form including application fee of Rs. 500/-. The last date for submission of application is 24th October, 2022.
HEC Undergraduate Scholarships Gilgit-Baltistan Students 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have domicile/local certificate of Gilgit-Baltistan.
- Applicants must have completed Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and/or Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) and/or equivalent. However, priority will be given to those students who have passed/completed their SSC/HSSC or equivalent from Gilgit-Baltistan.
- The applicants who are already availing any other scholarship are NOT eligible to apply.
- The applicants can apply to any public sector university/institution of Pakistan. However, any expenditure over and above the cost given in PC-1 will be borne by the student himself/herself.
- Maximum age limit is 22 years as on the closing date of application submission.
- The candidates will have to meet HEC and university criteria for admission in BS programmes.
Benefits of Scholarships:
- Tuition fee, hostel fee and other charges – maximum Rs. 240,000 per year
- Stipend of Rs. 15,000 per month
- Books and travelling allowance of Rs. 30,000 per annum
Important Information For Scholarships:
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on their score in Aptitude Test (to be conducted by Education Testing Council, HEC) and their academic credentials.
- Candidates must secure at least 50% marks in the test.
- Students already enrolled in any BS programme in public sector universities/institutions prior to the advertisement (maximum one academic year/ session) may also apply.
- The award of scholarships will be made irrespective of gender, caste, race, and religion.
- For further details and guidelines, please visit www.hec.gov.pk.
How To Apply for UG Scholarship Gilgit 2022
Applicants are required to submit applications online through: https://eportal.hec.gov.pk. HEC reserves the right to postpone or cancel the scholarship process at any stage without assigning any reason. Application in hard form will not be entertained.
Applicants are required to deposit Rs. 500/ (non-refundable) as application fee in Account No. 17427900133401, Habib Bank Limited, SRC H-9 Branch, Islamabad and should upload the scanned copy/image of bank receipt online while applying.
Applicant are advised too apply will in advance before the closing date. Furthermore, regularly check your emails and HEC website to avoid any inconvenience.
Note: It is mandatory to bring original application copy of paid fee challan on test day along with your original CNIC/original passport, otherwise candidate will not be allowed to sit in the examination.
HEC Scholarship Contact Details:
Postal Address: Programme Coordinator (Scholarship Division), HEC, Sector H-9, Islamabad
Contact URL: https://onlinehelp.hec.gov.pk