Provincial Disaster Management Authority (PDMA) has announced latest prediction of isolated heavy rainfall for KPK during next week (20 Sep to 25 Sep 2021). It is stated that Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD) Office informed that monsoon currents are likely to penetrate in the country from 20th September Monday (evening/night) and likely to continue till 25th September (Saturday).
Influence of Weather Alert Due To Heavy Rainfall in KPK
Under the influence of this weather system;
- Rain-wind-thundershower (with isolated heavy falls) is expected in Kohistan, Shangla, Mansehra, Abbottabad, Haripur, Mardan, Charsadda, Nowshera, Dir, Chitral, Peshawar, Kohat, Waziristan, with occasional gaps from 20th September Monday (evening/night) to 24th September (Friday).
- Rain-wind-thunderstorm (with isolated heavy falls) is also expected in Tank, Karak, Bannu, D.I. Khan, from 23rd September Thursday (evening/night) to 25th September (Saturday).
Possible Impacts After Heavy Rainfall with Thundershower:
- Prevailing very humid and hot weather conditions likely to subside during the forecast period.
- Wind-storm may cause damages to the vulnerable structures.
Precautionary Measures During Rainfall in KPK
It is therefore, requested to kindly take all precautionary measures in order to avoid minimize human losses and/or any damages to property. Furthermore, all concerned authorities requested to take following safety measures:
- Tourists to be informed about weather forecast.
- Availability of all emergency services staff/machineries and other resources.
- Advise concerned to keep monitoring on Local/ Barsati Nullahs.
- In case of any occurrence, updates may kindly be shared with PEOC-PDMA i.e., active round the clock via helpline 1700.
- All concerned line departments to remain vigilant in restoring road links.
|Official Website||Click Here|
|EmployeesPortal Home||Click Here|